Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Opening Day and Training EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Opening Day and Training EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Opening Day and Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinn

Sinn

Opening Day and Training Empty
PostSubject: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Within the institute there is a gym which provided not only basic needs like sports equipment and weights for lifting, but gear for combat training as well; a shooting range, a boxing ring, and tons of mats. It was the ring that was occupied, the lone occupant of the rather massive gym was getting in his daily training routine before the classes start and the halls were filled with young mutants. The sun was barely above the horizon outside, but the man had been up for much longer than that for he did not gain a lot of sleep due to his particular predicament. In the ring with him was a propped up crash test dummy which was made to mimic a basic fighting stance. On the body of the dummy were black marks which indicated every acupuncture point. The man was practicing hitting each mark with the points of two fingers with his eyes closed. He had already stretched out and needed to center his mind and this repetitive task functioned the same as meditation for him.

He had been noticing that his usually pale green veins had been slowly becoming darker and figured that it was due to the maturing of the gene within him and that using it was the only way to make sure that the growth did not become stunted and produce adverse side effects. He was wearing boxing shorts and a white t-shirt, the sweat produced by the exercise showed the green colored veins in a sheen. His hands and feet were wrapped in white athletic tape and were in a constant blow of motion as he switched his rapid finger strikes to a more traditional combination of strikes. Left jab, right guard, left kick to the side of the knee. The kicks would make themselves up the body each aimed at joints and weak points to the body, then he would switch sides. After completing his close range strikes, he stopped and ran his hand through his brown hair and would lean on the ropes to rest.

At the age of twenty on an island in a school devoted to the development of what humanity called mutants. It wasn’t exactly what he thought he would be doing, but nothing ever went as he thought it would go. He had been on this island before, a different part to be sure. There was a monastery farther north in the mountains where there resided a group of people devoted to the monastic life. It was where he was sent as a babe and it was where he was educated and trained in the Korean martial art of Hapkido by a kind old man there. It was often he felt that he would walk out from the Institute and reside there in the monastery and maybe find his old master to enjoy a cup of tea with, but he had responsibilities now and the people who resided here in the Institute counted on his abilities to keep them safe from the world’s governments who would be more than glad to turn them into weapons. He was about to resume training as the sun finally made itself fully visible along the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Man was it windy today! Well atleast for her! The stupid clouds were thicker than usual, making it hard to read the map in her hands. Who was this girl and why was she complaining about clouds? Her name was Angel, and she was a young mutant who had recently received information on a school for people like herself. Heading from Bermuda you would think the young girl would need to use a boat to escape the island. In a regular case, yea. But in her case, not at all. Being a mutant you got certain things entitled with it. For one, she had a wing sprouting out of her hip and down her left leg. And two, on a completely non-related note, she could somehow ignore gravity and fly through the sky like a Super-girl. It was ironic, because as a child she hunted different exotic birds with her father, and was always afraid of heights. But now it didn't seem to bother her anymore. Maybe that had something to do with her mutation aswell. She had no clue, but she desperately needed answers! That was the main reason she packed light and left home to find the school. She even lied to her parents just to get permission to leave. Now here she was, floating through midair trying to read a map she could hardly understand. This was her first time leaving Bermuda, and also the first time she tried prolonged flight. It was relatively easy to stay afloat, but stopping and going was a whole nother story. Either way, the map now said she was at her location..but she saw nothing. How strange. Maybe she was too far up to see anything. How far up was she anyway?

With a slow nose dive, she'd begin to head down at a slight angle, squinting her eyes and hoping to see something. The clouds began to part around her as she went down, and soon she started to get the image of something large. Something she had seen before, but wasn't ringing a bell. Something th- BAM! She slammed right into the side of the institute, and went face first into a brick wall. Luckily she wasn't flying fast, or she would have seriously injured herself. The only thing hurting now was her ego. Holding her nose, she'd drop the map and watch it blow away in the wind. Tears in her eyes, she chased behind it with sloppy flying, attempting to grab the map as the sun was finally coming up over the horizon completely. When she finally had the map back in her hand, she'd turn back to see the entire school in full view infront of her. She couldn't help but open her mouth in surprise, as she hovered in midair and looked at just how massive the building was. Apparently the old man wasn't lying about the place!

Swooping down to ground level, the girl would land with a soft thud and place the map in a brown satchel around her hip. Her outfit was colorful and odd, and around her neck was an extra long orange scarf. She knew nothing of the school so she didn't know of outfits, or dress code, or any of that? Instead, she found herself grabbing the strap to her back pack and walking up the massive stairs to head into the building. To her surprise the front door was locked..Apparently the school was on lockdown or wasn't open yet? Using her flight, she'd fly up to a window and begin to shift her hands upon it, opening it slowly and floating into the building. She'd make sure to close the window, as she had just flown into what appeared to be a massive study. It was completely empty, but books and shelves lined the entirety of the walls. It was pretty incredible, even for a girl who hadn't picked up a book since her last day of summer school. With a soft landing, she'd go to the door and slowly open it, making her way out into the hallway. Footsteps could be heard, meaning someone was up and working, and in her desperation she would fly off the ground and head towards the staircase. Dive bombing down them, she'd take a sharp right (bumping into the wall because of lack of control) and shooting towards a pair of double doors. Landing with a stumble, she'd fall through the doors and find herself laying upon the floor of the gym where one man would apparently be doing some kind of solo exercises. Looking up to him, she'd tilt her head and give an innocent smile. The young Angel wasn't sure what to say at the moment..She did just break into the school after all.
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Welp, another morning that wasn't quite what he wanted, as he was fairly tired, considering he suddenly crashed last night, because even though he could stay up, working at full capacity for almost a week, inevitably, there would be the intense crash, where his energy would suddenly stop. Alas, this was the fate of the man with brown blood, as caffeine usually did that to a person. However, his mind was sharper and more cunning than it had ever been because of his mutation, and he had learned that the chemicals in his blood were something to be astounded by. As he walked through his room, he would simply start taking off his clothes that he slept in, and put on some training pants and a lightweight shirt, as he needed to get to training immediately. His brother was nowhere to be found, he was probably sipping his tea in the gardens, or up very early and training his acupuncture. If only Ethan;s feet were that precise in their point, he could totally do what his brother did, with his feet. But, he would stick to straight up damage, power, speed, and balance. He would then walk towards the gym, which was where his goal was. There were multiple ways to get into the large training room, where he would start working the sand bags and etc with his legs, and then train his arms. He would walk through the hallways, and take a peek into the teacher's lounge, as he smelled the fresh brewed coffee. Well, he couldn't pass up the opportunity, so he quickly walked in, didn't see anyone, so he grabbed a Styrofoam cup, and some coffee, and quickly drank it down.

He instantly felt a large sense of relief, as he made his way down the hallway. He would usually sip his coffee, much like his brother did with tea, simply because he wouldn't want to be done before his brother, and then be off key, so he learned to drink slower. As he crushed the cup, he found a trash bin and tossed it in. It seemed that they were going to have a fun day today, as the school was welcoming a bunch of new students, apparently, and so there would be a huge meet and greet. Ethan didn't really care about that stuff, he simply didn't want to fall behind his brother, which meant he would need to train as much as possible. He opened the doors to the training room, and quickly saw two figures. One, he recognized, while the other wasn't quite so familiar. One was a strangely dressed girl, while the other, of course, was his brother. He didn't really pay much attention to the girl, even though it seemed like she fell or something, as he acted a bit annoyed towards his brother. "Sorry I didn't come out here with you bro, but I crashed again last night, you know how it is." Ethan waved to his brother, before looking towards the girl that seemed to not know what was going on. Ethan thought this was a good way to poke fun at his brother. "Hey, you don't need to keep a girlfriend a secret bro, I'm not the judgmental type. I was wondering why you were sneaking off so early in the mornings." Ethan wagged a finger towards his brother, a large smirk on his face, as he liked to try and get some sort of reaction from him, although the monk was never quite as over reactive as Ethan wanted. That was probably why Ethan tried so hard, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Sinn

Sinn

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:54 pm

OOC: My apologies for a short post, I ran out of things to write about since there wasn't much for me to respond to.

First the girl entered the training room; it was no doubt her who caused all the ruckus on her entrance, because her clothes did not match the usual attire of the institute. A new student obviously and it wasn’t a moment later that the other early morning bird of the institute made his own entrance into the scene. He did not bother responding to the goading from his younger brother and instead spoke calmly in reply, “A new student, brother, it seems she has just arrived on our doorstep without the need of a boat. No doubt a flying or teleportation sort of mutation, though I have been surprised before.” The dark green lines were fading back to their original pale green color, but never quite reached there. He turned around and began to make his way to the shower rooms which were in the back of the gym. The day for the rest of the institute was about to begin and there were about to be far more numerous new people and that girl was just the first leak in the dam.

He called out to his brother as he stepped down from the ring and onto the gym floor, “Take her to the professor, I’ll catch up after my shower. Be careful with those crashes, unlike me, you could suffer from something quite serious instead of the usual exhaustion.” It was a sort of dismissal and one could easily see him as someone who takes life too seriously, but that is what he thinks will keep him alive and so far he hasn’t been proven wrong. It will be curious to see what exactly the professor will have in mind for his students who had graduated last year, since the world around them was not ready for a whole generation of super human beings to take their rightful place in the world, he feared a long war of attrition before the barriers of old society were broken down, but he was getting ahead of himself again. The first step was to get through this day.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:49 pm

What a weird place she found herself in. To think just a day ago she was in Bermuda attempting to hide her mutation. Her sister always told her she had wings like an Angel, but she only saw herself as a monster. If these two infront of her were also mutants, they hardly showed it. Apparently they were brothers aswell, which must have been nice. Coming to a school without any family or friends was a jump she wasn't sure she was ready to take. Yet here she was, among kindred spirits but still feeling more alone than ever. Her blue keen eyes would look towards the green veins, slightly widening as the colors began to dull, and tilted her head in response. "Cooooool." The islander had a strong accent, as she pressed her arms to the ground and lifted herself to her knees. Letting her hands rest between her legs, she kept her head tilted to the side as her eyes went to look at the newcomer. He said something about her being his girlfriend, and although flattering, the man was much older than herself. Why she was just registering what he said was hard to explain. She had a few screws loose in the head. The older mutant attempted to guess her power, and he was right about the flying part...but when he mentioned teleportation, her ears twitched slightly. "Woah, you crazy shoobs have teleporters around here?! That sounds pretty awesome, jaja!" Angel picked herself up, letting a large smile come across her face, as she looked towards the older man. "My name's Eclair! Frie-" She spoke out of turn, as the man was already starting his next sentence about her going to the professor. Her face lit up in response to hearing about the professor. She had some respect and interest for the man in question and was looking forward to seeing him again. The professor..it has been weeks since I've seen him! The girl began to shift back and forth with her usual smile on her face, as she thought to herself.

Before the older brother removed himself from the conversation, the girl would wave a hand. "Wait Wait Wait! Let me introduces myself before you left! My name's Eclair Fa'lcoon! Friends named me Claire! Like you have said, I'm new here...and sort of broke in too!" Even saying that she broke into the school, she kept her usual smile on her face with no signs of breaking it once. Placing both hands behind her back, she'd sway back and forth, off one heel and then the next. Back and forth and in a constant motion. "I met this professor at me home in Bermuda! My English is very new, but I am willing to learn to fit in. Please show where I can find the professor. I believe he may be expecting me now?" She kept her satchel covering the wing on her left size, as her blue eyes never broke contact with the green veined man. Angel couldn't help but wonder if the man was also a student or an actual teacher, seeing how he knew she was a new student right off the back. Did he have every student in the school memorized? That would be pretty impressive if that was the case!
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 pm

His brother, in his usual manner, would simply blow him off, and say that the girl was one of the new students here, and that he should take her to the professor. Ethan sort of chuckled a bit, and then continued. "Bah, you're no fun, and alright." The girl seemed to be a bit ditzy, if the word would fit, and he seemed that it would in this instance, it seemed she crashed into the room and was ready, so she was bubbly, which was really good. Ethan, being the friendlier of the duo, would address her. "Nice to meet you Eclair, my name's Ethan Starke, and this is my brother, Nathaniel, of the same surname. The professor should be in his office, I'll take you there." Ethan didn't mind that he should have started training already, because meeting someone new was always more exciting to him, at least he thought. His brother was more interested in the philosophical side of the universe, and looked too far into the future. He needed to enjoy the present a bit more. Ethan didn't find the future too frightening, nor did he feel the need to simply disregard it altogether, but he was getting ahead of himself. Ethan walked over to the girl, and then offered a hand. "Nice to meet ya. Now let's go." Ethan would simply shake her hand if she offered it, and then start walking towards the door that she crashed through. The hallways were sort of like mazes in certain parts of the school, but the professor's office was rather easy to get to, especially if you simply knew where it is.

Ethan would walk at a normal pace, down the hallways, turn a few corners, and then go up a flight of stairs. There would be a door on the far left side, which is the office the professor usually used. "Well, better not keep him waiting too long, eh?" Ethan didn't know what sort of accent he picked up, but he did sound a bit like a foreigner from some part of Europe. He would then take a seat outside of the office, which was a small little waiting area, where a teacher was sitting, but it didn't seem like he was waiting, simply reading some paper and sitting in the chair. He took a seat, as it was better to wait and show the woman around the school, then to let her wander off on her own and get lost, especially when classes were going to be assigned today. A new school was a bit intimidating to most, but his mind allowed him to memorize the school's layout from the ground up, except for the off limits areas of course.
Back to top Go down
Sinn

Sinn

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Such excitement from a girl with the name of a French pastry, he would throw up a hand in a quick wave as a greeting and the accent of her voice confirmed his first assumption that she was a new student. That accent was definitely from some island, but did hold a bit of that British proper, a mental shrugged occurred. It was a mystery for another day. He would enter the locker room which had the showers and grabbed a towel. A quick hot shower which would start off extremely hot and then turned to freezing cold would bring his body back to the original core temperature there was something about heat and his blood which would make it work faster, but also cause a greater crash. It was an interesting development and he would look into it more after the entrance ceremony for the new students. It was also an interesting time for him, since he was sure that the professor would have him assigned perhaps to the faculty or as some sort assistant.

Entering back into the locker room, he would go to his locker and bring out the neatly folded clothes and then proceeded to dress. A white collared shirt, black dress pants, a black suit coat, and a black tie was the current ensemble along with black dress shoes. It was uncomfortable to wear, but it did provide a sort of class which neutral observers were not always prepared for when they go over the school during the yearly education audit. Properly attired it was time to go visit the professor. His shoes would echo on the marble floors as he made his way to the professor’s office and upon entering he found that the girl and his brother were already waiting. He nodded to them and simply stood off to the side and waited till they were admitted.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:06 am

As Eclair shook the boy's hand who seemed to be more willing to interact with her, she couldn't help but look towards the other brother who was leaving the scene. "Your brother does not like the talking, yes?" That was a shame. He was cute in a mature, brooding sort of way. She soon found herself crossing her arms over her chest and swaying back and forth on her heels. "Your brother is not always brooding, is he? He does find his happiness, yes?" Angel hadn't even noticed the boy was already walked towards the door, and when she looked over towards him, he was gone. With a slight tilt of her head, she'd run after him and out of the gym. The moment she made it back to the hallway, she looked down the hall to see a shattered glass case she had broken because of her reckless flying. Raising her hand, she'd nervously move a strand of hair behind her ear. I hope they do not ask of how that happened. They would never believe! Eclair thought to herself, as she began to follow behind the bow, keeping her arms behind her back and doing her regular swaying. The whole walk, the boy said nothing to her, making it rather awkward. So in return, she kept her mouth shut and simply looked at the different hallways and designs around the school. It was very pretty, and being on an island reminded her of home. If Eclair didn't know better, she would have actually thought the school was actually a public school. The pictures, and everything was so spot on. How crazy this place could be! A home away from home!

After abit of walking, she found herself infront of the professors office. The boy took a seat to the side, and she focused on the door herself. Now, she wasn't really raised in a home where manners were taught. She was a tomboy born and raised, and didn't really get the whole lessons on manners. Putting a hand on the doorknob, she would even knock, as she turned the nob and slowly opened the door. As Eclair opened the door, all she heard was steps on the marble floor. Without turning to look, Angel entered the man's office unannounced. Once entering, she placed her hands on her hips and bent on knee infront of the other, leaning slight forward, and bending at the waist for an odd bow. "Professor I find my way here to the school! It is me, Angel. I hope you forgive what I have done. School was locked, so I let myself in." Even when admitting she broke in, the girl's bubbly smile never left her face.
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Ethan heard the girl talk about his brother, and then chased after him as he walked down the hallway. "Well, he's not really brooding, really. He is simply one of the most calm and collected people I've seen. He was probably actually happy that he worked up a sweat training so hard. I'm more outgoing, but he is a little bit more, composed." Ethan would finish his sentence, right as they would reach the office of the professor, and leader of the school. It was interesting that the leader was also a mutant, that of course being the reason that he started the school in the first place, to help those of his kind. But he seemed like he would help anyone with some sort of power, or even if their power was more of a problem. Still, it was fun to say the least, and he couldn't wait until more and more mutants showed up at the school. Ethan wanted to test his skills against others, other than his brother, simply because Ethan wanted to win for once. He was actually excited to test his skills against people who used elemental abilities, such as fire or water. Those two elements in particular seemed fun and beautiful, so one with control over them would be interesting to face.

[sorry short]
Back to top Go down
Sinn

Sinn

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Inside the professor’s office sat a man, an elderly Japanese gentleman, who would have seemed dwarfed by his large oak desk if it weren’t for the fact that he had an extraordinary persona which could almost be physically felt. The professor was a mutant himself and had a mind which had no equals on this planet and perhaps through the known universe. He was able to instantly detect flaws, strengths, and even the abilities of a person through simple observation. It was made him the perfect person to head the Institute as well as his doctorates in the fields of chemistry, genetics, and biology. He was one of the first people in the world to discover the existence of the mutant gene and its effects which it might have on the human populace and instead of waiting for the government to act out without any solid information he founded the Institute of Progressive Development for the express purpose of researching the mutant gene. It was not a defect in his eyes, but the next stage in evolution for mankind and wished to bring the knowledge that this was a natural progression for humanity and that it should be allowed to take its normal course without any efforts to speed it up or eliminate it.

He was going over some information which he had just received from his contacts in the Romanian university sector when someone barged into his office. It was a young girl and he immediately noticed that she was capable of flight and that she had underdeveloped wings which didn’t seem to serve any other purpose but as a signal of her mutation. His wrinkled face broke into a smile at the entrance of the girl from Bermuda. “Welcome, Angel, I see you were able to make it here and quite glad that you entered here without any harm to yourself. No need for that silly bow.” He noticed that the Stärke brothers were waiting outside and gestured them in. “I’m glad you two were up when she arrived and it was smart thinking to bring her to me for I have something which you three will be tasked with.”

Nathaniel moved in to the office and off to the left side when he was gestured and simply nodded at the subject of a task. He had a feeling that their time of isolation was coming to the end and it was simply a matter of time before they were sent out to interact with the rest of the world. What they could be assigned to including the new girl was another mystery to add to the list and he was interested in where they would be going in particular.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 pm

She was nervous. Who wouldn't be? It could be shown as her wing would rustle slightly against her leg, and her keen blue eyes would shift to their corners. The girl had no idea what extent the professor's power came too. She had no idea if he even had a power, but the fact he was able to tell she was a mutant without her displaying her abilities was surprising enough. Now actually being at the school, she felt more at home. Though, she had yet to see any other mutants that had physical mutations such as herself. Hopefully she wasn't the only one on the face of the Earth. Just the thought of it made her shudder. "Yes I suffered no harm, but I did injure the building! I still trouble myself with use of my ability." Her accent remained as strong as before. She had trouble speaking English, but hopefully she would get better as time passed. With enough people around her that spoke the language, she was sure to pick up their habits over time. It was only natural to adapt. She only hoped during that time she could fit in and atleast learn control over her powers, if she couldn't get rid of her mutation altogether. Going to sleep in the safety of your room and waking up on the ceiling was sometimes horrifying. Imagine when she went camping with her family. Waking up in the sky, alone and cold, was just as horrible. Angel had a strong fear, and that was flying so high that she suffocated because of the atmosphere. Though, that would never happen because of her natural growth and increased lung capacity thanks to her ability. It was a fear that wasn't well placed, but still held some ground in her conscious. Sometimes she felt like Alice in Wonderland..the more her mutant gene showed itself, the further she fell into the rabbit hole.

"Something we are to be tasked with? Professor, I am not even sure if this school is right for myself. There is slight fear that I lack readiness for this change." Even though her words showed a sign of weakness, her personality shown true. She continued to smile, and kept her bubbly aura strong. She wasn't scared of the task itself. Well, she wasn't extremely scared either. She just didn't want to risk failing the professor, or being the cause of the task becoming a disaster because she couldn't control her abilities. The thing about her flight was..it wasn't normal. Gravity was extremely ignored when she left the ground. That area could one day expand from herself and take others with her...which could consequently send them floating into the stratosphere and so high that the air becomes to difficult to breathe. And unlike herself, not everyone could breathe in such conditions. It made her nervous to be around others.
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Ethan was simply sitting in the chair, and was waiting for the professor to get done with the girl, so that he could show her around the rest of the school, and hopefully she would like it. The professor suddenly gestured Ethan into the office, along with his brother, who didn't really make a sound, so it was a bit surprising that he snuck up on Ethan. Ethan chuckled to himself that he was paying more attention to a girl, and chalked it up to the girl was far more interesting that his brother, considering they knew each other already. The girl's origins and her in general were all mysterious, and Ethan loved to solve a good mystery. As he stood up out of his chair, he yawned a bit, more out of boredom than out of exhaustion, and walked politely into the room.

"Good morning sir." and then Ethan did a slight bow, not quite as formal as the girl, but still showing that he had a hint of politeness and formality. Ethan then simply listened to him, slightly cracking a smile towards the girl, as her method of speech was adorable, but again, he had a bit of an accent too, so he couldn't poke fun. Although he wouldn't mean it in a hurtful manner, he actually really like how she talked. Regardless, it seemed that the professor had a task for them, and Ethan was intrigued. Some sort of mission already? This was going to be extremely fun, just because he would get to do something different. Ethan was a bit worried that they would have to clean up the school before the new students showed up, which would be a total drag.

The girl then quickly asked about what they would be doing, and an eyebrow was raised by Ethan, as he wondered too. He hoped it wasn't a remedial task, as he wanted more of a grandiose adventure out of whatever their leader would offer them, but he was ready to mop the floors if need be.
Back to top Go down
Sinn

Sinn

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 pm

The professor would smile at the worries of the girl and would say in return, “You are here for the express purpose of learning to control your gift, so put aside any worries you have. You will find that there are many others who share the same thoughts as you. For example, Ethan here has purified coffee for blood. It allows him to exceed the usual physical limits that humans have, but in return he will suffer from a severe system crash if he keeps up the activation of the chemicals inside his body. As to the task you three are assigned to. It is simple in goal. You will travel to Romania where there is a specific forest which seems to have attracted an object; a sphere of some unknown origin. What knowledge it may contain could lead to scientific discovers which could rival the discovery of the mutant gene. The acquisition of this sphere by the government or other more less than legal entities could lead to a new arms race instead of an era for scientific achievement. There are also has been reported that there is one on the top of Mount Fiji in Japan so there are more of them whether there is only one more or a dozen is something to be determined.” The professor would slide over three manila folders which would contain passports for each of them, tickets for the boat ride off of Malta, as well as cash for the usual travel requirements. The cash was of course in the folder for Nathaniel who bowed to the professor for the responsibility given. The professor would continue, “Your boat leaves in 30 minutes, I suggest you pack lightly for the trip.”

It was as much of a dismissal as they were going to get and Nathaniel would shoo his younger charges out of the obvious and with a questioning look at the professor would close the door behind him. “Well, it seems we have our task. I’ll meet the two of you down at the docks in 20 minutes. Take only the essentials.” With this, Nathaniel would leave the two and made off to his room to grab an old duffel bag which he had already packed for such an occasion as this. There was a slightly spring in his step at the journey ahead. It had been a long time since he had left the Institute and he was excited for it.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Every thing seemed to be going so fast. A second ago the girl was lost, looking for her way to the school. Now she was told she would need to pack light and leave the island once again? Was she not good enough to stay? Was the meaning behind the professor's words demeaning? Angel shudder at the thought, even though the man attempted to reassure her but telling her about the other mutant's ability. She wondered if he bled, pure coffee would come out of his veins. As the girl day dreamed, she hardly listened to the man's words about spheres and the potential power they could have over the modern world. Though, this wouldn't be easily foreseen as she kept her round blue eyes on the man, and continued to shift back and forth like before. She snapped back to reality as the man would reveal three manila folders. He even told them all to pack light, and head for the boat in a given time period. This whole predicament was happening so fast for her, and she was holding the urge of just flying away. But if she did such a thing, where would she go? She had already lied to her parents. She couldn't fly back home. Eclair really didn't have a choice here, did she? Even though she was reluctant, she'd take the folder with her usual smile. "Trust is the proper option here, I would guess." Being dismissed, she walked out into the hallway with the other two mutants. Her eyes stayed on the folder as the eldest spoke. She had nothing to pack..Hell, she only brought two change of clothes with her. Eclair told herself it would be a simple trip, but she was most likely wrong. Instead of attempting to maneuver through the hallways and find the exit, she would find the nearest window and open it. Pulling herself onto the ledge, she would roll through the opening and come down towards the ground below with a soft thud. During her descent, her wing gave a slight flap, as a few white feathers fell around her.

Looking on the swivel, the young mutant would finally find the boat the man spoke up. She'd make her way towards the location, looking to see if anyone else was tasked to come with them. It was obvious that none were, but one couldn't help but be optimistic. Now she would need to play the waiting game...
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 am

Ethan was a bit surprised, as the professor tasked them with hunting down a small crystal ball or some sort of spherical object, and it seemed it held scientific value, or something of the sort. Well, not the most exciting mission ever, but it would still be really fun, unless of course it was simply them going to get the sphere, and then bringing it back. It didn't seem very fun in retrospect, but maybe they would meet other supers wanting to get the orb. Ethan thought it would be a good test to see if he and his brother were actually equals, in fighting some other super powered beings. He was itching to fight, even though his advanced mind would say it's better to simply not fight, as anything that could be solved with only words was the better option. His gut and his heart thirsted for betterment of himself, and there weren't many ways that tested yourself and pushed you beyond your limits, then fighting others that are your equals.

Ethan wasn't too pleased, however, with the professor just giving away Ethan's power. "Awe yeah old man, just give away all my secrets to anyone who bats an eyelash at you." Ethan folded his arms across his chest and gave a smirk to the man, subtly hinting that he was a closet pervert. He didn't give the girl's powers away to him, even though it seemed he was interested. Favoritism to the opposite sex wasn't truly perverted, but it was fun to poke a bit at the old man, he seemed to enjoy it. Anyways, Ethan left the room with his team mates, and it seemed that they would get to do something fun now.

His brother told them to get ready by 20 minutes, which left Ethan about 15 minutes to train a bit, warm up before the long boat ride. He walked to his room, seeing the girl fly out of the window, and then threw some stuff into his bag. He had everything neatly organized in his room, so it only took a few moments for him to pack all of his stuff, and even a few luxury items, such as his handheld gaming system, since he was going to be fairly bored on the boat. He then went down to the training room, and started his kicking exercises. His training was cut from earlier, but he was determined to at least break a sweat. He kicked furiously on a speed bag, usually reserved for speed boxing, before taking a quick shower, and heading out to the docks.

He was right on time, as he scheduled in his mind, and sure enough, he wasn't the first one there. He knew someone would be early, most likely his brother, but he didn't mind. He simply showed up on time.
Back to top Go down
Sinn

Sinn

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:01 pm

The one concern which the professor felt as his students left his office is that he wasn’t entirely sure if there would be others who would be going after those spheres and what their capabilities could be. He would just have to trust in their own abilities and sense of survival to see them through. Down at the docks he arrived only a few minutes after the new girl who looked to have not packed anything. “Uh, depending on your ability to stay awake, we might just have to do this as fast as possible, since you apparently didn’t grab anything. Well when we get back, I’ll show you around the school, since you could have gotten something from the kitchens and the wardrobe which is where all of our uniforms are kept.” He gestured at his own clothing. It was only a five minute wait till his brother showed up and together they got on the boat which then promptly left its mooring and their adventure began in the early morning on the Mediterranean.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Angel placed a finger on her chin as she tilted her head to look towards the other two. "They say strange things before embarking on journeys, no? So um.." The girl continued to think to herself, as the small group began to board the ship. Suddenly she'd extend and arm up and yell. ""FULL SPEED AHEAD!" And like a child she ran pass the two, onto the boat. Little did the little angel know she was going to get seasick alot sooner than getting sick from flying. Her body was accustomed to the high speed flying and friction that came to taking to the skies. But when it came to an actual ship and the subtle rocking back and forth? Her small body wouldn't handle that for long.

2800 words total
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Ethan quickly got to the docks, and then gave a wave to the other two, before nodding to the girl about her question. A bunch of things people said were dumb, and he simply nodded to give her a bit of relation to him. She must have been a bit... scared wasn't quite the word to use, perhaps intimidated by the new country she was in. She most likely didn't know anyone aside from the professor, so it was nice to give her someone to relate to, even a little bit. She seemed really nice, and down to earth, even though that was a weird statement, considering she could fly. Regardless, he saw a friend in her, and it was about time Ethan started interacting with people that weren't blood related to him. He looked over to his brother and gave a bit of a smile, not really smiling at him, but just the thought that up until now, Ethan didn't really communicate with very many people. His sensei, his brother, and on rare occasion, his parents. Still, he was more outgoing, ready to leap into situations to discover the unknown, and of course to have a bit of an adventure. He walked onto the boat, and it seemed that their true adventure would be just beginning, but beginning nonetheless. "Let's go!" Ethan would yell, and then the boat would begin taking off, and he realized it wasn't one of those shows that skipped the boring parts. He chuckled a bit, and then sat down in a chair that was sort of like a lawn chair one would see on the beach, meant for lounging about. He was simply going to sleep or something, maybe take out his hand held gaming system and play a bit, but for now, he would simply relax and look out into the beautiful ocean.
----------------------------------
2400 words total
Back to top Go down
Sinn

Sinn

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

The one concern which the professor felt as his students left his office is that he wasn’t entirely sure if there would be others who would be going after those spheres and what their capabilities could be. He would just have to trust in their own abilities and sense of survival to see them through. Down at the docks he arrived only a few minutes after the new girl who looked to have not packed anything. “Uh, depending on your ability to stay awake, we might just have to do this as fast as possible, since you apparently didn’t grab anything. Well when we get back, I’ll show you around the school, since you could have gotten something from the kitchens and the wardrobe which is where all of our uniforms are kept.” He gestured at his own clothing. It was only a five minute wait till his brother showed up and together they got on the boat which then promptly left its mooring and their adventure began in the early morning on the Mediterranean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening Day and Training   Opening Day and Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening Day and Training
Page 1 of 1