Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Must Read: Prestige Cost

Go down 
+4
HamSeals
Amen
Ford Perfect
Noctis
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Change Prestige cost
Yes
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
No
Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 I_vote_lcap62%Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Scarecrow
Otherworldly
Otherworldly

Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read: Prestige Cost   Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:32 am

There is 1 part I disagree with.

150ish is a fine amount.

I disagree with that. I remember having to crawl, and save for 18/22 prestige points in a 2-3 page topic. 150ish is roughly D-B rank ability. That means one topic, gets you a B rank ability. That is WAYY to much for me to comfortably be secure with. Imagine, every topic you did you got a B rank ability, that's insane.

Ford Perfect wrote:
Also, how would we wish to define returning members and new ones entirely? For example, if you just made a character then went inactive without posting I'm not sure I'd really consider you a member of the site in the spirit of the sense. Literally you are, but you didn't contribute meaningfully to the site aside from filling out a few forms.

Hopefully this is one of the last kinks to be worked out, this will already require editting and re-submission of all of the previously approved apps who used the Prestige. Also, I'm getting sick of this compensation business as Keita mentioned. Re-doing your apps like this should not give any rewards. Dunno, its just getting to the point of us running out mouths without actually moving towards a proper decision so I'm going to summarise what I think we've agreed on so far.

Returning members, I can agree with that, as long as it follows some common sense. This site has seen a few incarnations, why people were rping in April, January, October of last year. Then nothing until 2012. Should we allow someone who was on the VERY first incarnation, to get bonuses while someone who was on the last and it died to not get it? Heck, we even have some staff members who aren't even here and active presently. A few don't even have characters... do they get a bonus for not doing a beta test, or do we blanket them even though they didn't rp? (As Amen and all staff knows, there are "seasonal staff" who should not in reality get any bonuses)

I also agree on the "refilling out apps for compensation" part is a little redonk. So I purpose a possible solution

Spoiler:

My goal with this thus

1. We don't have members jumping and getting S rank's, most people will be able to afford 1 A rank ability/skill/power.
2. Prestige is hard won and earned, handing them out like candy is wrong, and just diminishes the hard work that has been done. Do I agree Prestige is high, NO. Do I agree that its been given out like candy, YES. Should it be lowered so that it takes a few months to get a S rank. YES.
3. Everyone ends up semi-equal. So we don't have huge gaps any longer.

Back to top Go down
HamSeals
Mutant
Mutant
HamSeals

Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Read: Prestige Cost   Must Read: Prestige Cost - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Scarecrow wrote:
There is 1 part I disagree with.

150ish is a fine amount.

I disagree with that. I remember having to crawl, and save for 18/22 prestige points in a 2-3 page topic. 150ish is roughly D-B rank ability. That means one topic, gets you a B rank ability. That is WAYY to much for me to comfortably be secure with. Imagine, every topic you did you got a B rank ability, that's insane.

Ford Perfect wrote:
Also, how would we wish to define returning members and new ones entirely? For example, if you just made a character then went inactive without posting I'm not sure I'd really consider you a member of the site in the spirit of the sense. Literally you are, but you didn't contribute meaningfully to the site aside from filling out a few forms.

Hopefully this is one of the last kinks to be worked out, this will already require editting and re-submission of all of the previously approved apps who used the Prestige. Also, I'm getting sick of this compensation business as Keita mentioned. Re-doing your apps like this should not give any rewards. Dunno, its just getting to the point of us running out mouths without actually moving towards a proper decision so I'm going to summarise what I think we've agreed on so far.

Returning members, I can agree with that, as long as it follows some common sense. This site has seen a few incarnations, why people were rping in April, January, October of last year. Then nothing until 2012. Should we allow someone who was on the VERY first incarnation, to get bonuses while someone who was on the last and it died to not get it? Heck, we even have some staff members who aren't even here and active presently. A few don't even have characters... do they get a bonus for not doing a beta test, or do we blanket them even though they didn't rp? (As Amen and all staff knows, there are "seasonal staff" who should not in reality get any bonuses)

I also agree on the "refilling out apps for compensation" part is a little redonk. So I purpose a possible solution

Spoiler:

My goal with this thus

1. We don't have members jumping and getting S rank's, most people will be able to afford 1 A rank ability/skill/power.
2. Prestige is hard won and earned, handing them out like candy is wrong, and just diminishes the hard work that has been done. Do I agree Prestige is high, NO. Do I agree that its been given out like candy, YES. Should it be lowered so that it takes a few months to get a S rank. YES.
3. Everyone ends up semi-equal. So we don't have huge gaps any longer.

100% back Scarescows post, nothing I don't agree with it.
Back to top Go down

Must Read: Prestige Cost
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2