Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quickshot

Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] Empty
PostSubject: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 am

The town called “Paradise” wasn’t quite living up to expectations. It was in the state’s northeast; canyon country. Whoever had decided to settle here, however long ago, had to contend with a lot of geography. Two rivers that Quickshot didn’t know the name of flowed nearby, bare trickles compared to what they must have been back when they’d carved present-day Paradise, CA into existence.

He’d been heading south from Oregon, running in short stints to keep up his overall speed. It was faster than travel by car, but not by plane, and without any sort of legal identity that he was aware of, the speedster couldn’t get airborne if he wanted to without all sorts of hassle. Hassle was something he didn’t need. His life was complicated enough without asking for more trouble. He’d caught a glimpse of the mile sign for Paradise, and conceded to quaint amusement by making it the destination of his pit-stop. He’d find a skeezy motel, catch some Z’s, and then set out after a quick shower. It was time to head east, he’d decided, to take the quest that had consumed him for the past months back to the Atlantic coast.

He’d found his motel, the very creatively named Canyon Inn. It was nicer than most of the digs he’d had lately, but then again, this was a pretty small town. The seedier element that engendered no-tell motels was probably small as well. He had his shower, but the usual mindless TV watching until he passed out just wasn’t doing it for him.

He’d spotted a bar across the street and down the way, The Rooster Room, or something similarly asinine. The prospect of bumping elbows with a bunch of blue-collar humans didn’t really appeal, but the chance to get himself buzzed enough to pass out easily was hard to ignore. Donning some cargo pants and a fitted t-shirt that he’d liberated from a Laundromat outside of Portland, he packed up his gear and costume in the large duffel he’d taken to carrying it around in and headed out into the night.

The bar was exactly what he expected it to be: dim lighting, chintzy décor, and patronage that ran the gamut from miserable to obese. No doubt more than a few of the fine fellows would be heading home in an alcoholic daze to beat their wives. He didn’t bother with any niceties, just set his bag down and took a seat at the bar. At least they had Guinness on tap; Paradise had finally gotten something right.

He spent maybe an hour there, sipping beer and watching the news on the ancient looking television behind the counter. Something about a wild-fire, a bank robbery in Palo Alto. A recap of a story involving a psychopath who’d taken and killed a bunch of hostages and televised it held his interest briefly, but then he was bored again, and it was time to go. He’d gotten nowhere near drunk; his paranoia didn’t allow for that. He was, however, pleasantly warm, and his drowsiness would certainly be enhanced when it finally came.

Shouldering his bag, he headed out to the parking lot, intent on cutting across and legging it back to the motel, but then he heard the door open and close a few times behind him. A glance over his shoulder revealed three of the local boys, each more grizzled and pocked than the last, and he let out a weary sigh.

“You too good for us, stranger? In and out without a word?” The largest man had spoken, eyeing Quickshot as he turned. He was used to this sort of thing. If it wasn't his appearance, it was his demeanor. If it wasn't his demeanor, it was something else. Yokels just loved to come at him, and the novelty had worn off quite a while ago.

“Yes,” the archer replied succinctly.

The three drunkards ruffled, clearly astonished by his lack of fear or deference. “He’s pretty, in’t he? Almost like a girl. You come up here from San Francisco, pretty boy?”

He’d hit his banter limit. “You really don’t want to do this,” he informed them blandly, shifting his weight subtly into a better stance for offense. “Last chance to head back inside.” Quickshot simply regarded them, intent and unsmiling, his pretty features vacant of expression.

Again, they were stunned, until the silence was broken by laughter from the smallest of the trio. He looked to the biggest, who nodded, and then the other two began their plodding advance.

Quickshot dropped his bag…
Back to top Go down
Mischief

Mischief

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 am

The door would swing open one more time, as a long legged, large busted, brunette woman would walk out behind the three men. Her hips shook with each step, as her hands were placed on her hips and her hazel eyes focused on the boys about to tussle outside the bar. "That's enough boys. Let the kid run on home. The girls are waiting for you all to go on back. Seems like they don't want to go alone tonight~" The woman would rub her hands across each of the men, before making her way infront of them, and pressing them back towards the door. Her stern voice and killer hips was enough for the drunk men to bend to her will, as they each re-entered the bar with a heavy stench of alcohol riding on their breath. The woman would turn towards the boy who had dropped his bag, walking over to him with her hands still on her hips. "Not from around here, are you? Don't worry bout those ol folks. They're up to that mess almost every night." The woman would bend down, revealing her cleavage, and grasping the boy's bag for him. Lifting it up for him to grasp, she'd give a devious smile. "You can call me Jessica. Let me help you back to your place to make sure those mean ol' men don't come back to mess with ya." 'Jessica' would give her usual devilish grin, while awaiting the boy's response. Holding out a hand, she'd go to shake his own. A basic greeting between two people who have just met. Something about the boy had caught her interest. Though, his display of self control was alittle off setting. He wasn't as loose cannon as she had hoped. Hopefully she could change that with alittle..persuasion.
Back to top Go down
Quickshot

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 am

The hint of disappointment that managed to surface on his otherwise stoic features as the men filed back into the bar might have interested ‘Jessica’ as well. He’d wanted to fight them, despite his warnings. His eyes never left them, not until the door had slammed shut in their raucous wake, and those emerald eyes were cold lethality. If they’d had the chance, they might have been able to rile him to actual anger, but it never would have gotten that far.

His head turned, and he regarded her balefully. She might note that his inspection was far more clinical than her body usually triggered. His eyes didn’t stop anywhere; in fact, he barely reacted to her presence at all, save to take the bag back and work the strap over his shoulder in one smooth motion. There was a certain possessiveness to the way he grabbed it from her. Nothing violent, but betraying that whatever the bag held was quite important to him. Urgency was the best way to describe it.

His silent appraisal persisted for another few seconds before he finally spoke. “I don’t pay for sex. Particularly from women.” He certainly wasn’t going to thank her. This little tete-a-tete was taking about as long as wiping the parking lot with those drunks would have, so he hadn’t even gained time from the transaction. Leaving his rather blunt words in the air, he turned on his heel and strode off, back toward the motel. Normal speed. He actually wanted to get some sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
Mischief

Mischief

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:59 pm

As the boy swiped the bag from her in a single motion, 'Jessica' couldn't help but lift a brow. Was that usually how he greeted people? Especially people with his best interest in mind? Oh well, he could play that game. Though, when he made the comment about not paying a woman for sex, she decided to play alittle bit more. "Ah. So you would rather pay for a man. Telling from your appearance, you would like to be on the bottom, wouldn't you?" Two fingers raised to her lips, as her devilish smile would grown abit wider. She said this as he turned to start to run away, heading across the way towards the old motel. The woman would raise her palm towards his back side, then shift it slightly to the left of his body, firing out a green illuminating ray of light. This green light would turn into a complete copy of the male, excluding any color of course. It was like a green astral projection of him, to say the least. Her voice would raise, as his astral copy would make an effort to cut him off from his run back towards the motel. "Maybe you prefer playing with yourself. I mean, alot of mortals enjoy such things no? Even though it is a sin, as most say their god has declared. But is that right? Would such a god limit his creations from experimenting with themselves?" The more she spoke, the more her appearance and voice began to change. Her bust disappeared. Her famous hips, gone in the wind. Soon the blonde would be look upon a 'child' wearing a oddly decorated green outfit with eyes to match. "I mean no disrespect, so I'll hold on the comments about the god your people worship. ..Not like they'll be worshiping him much longer.." The last words were spoken under breath, and out of ears reach for the other. Wrapping a hand behind his back, while keeping the other one extend towards the green astral projection, the Sorcerer would begin to pace around the boy. "Do not take this the wrong way, but you seem kind of young to be off and alone. Did you happen to run away from home to see the world? Oh how dangerous you are. It's a child's dream to see the world, no?" Mischief would shake his shoulders while keeping eye contact with the other. That devilish grin he was so known for would remain in place.
Back to top Go down
Quickshot

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Her commentary about his preferred sexual position earned her a slightly more baleful few seconds of staring, and she might note the muscles behind his cheeks flaring mightily as his teeth ground together. If one of the drunks had said anything like that, they’d be defecating their own teeth for the next few days; luckily for ‘Jessica’, whatever upbringing Quickshot had still tinged his moral compass just enough that he wasn’t liable to haul off and slug an assumedly normal lady, even if she was probably a prostitute. He didn’t confirm or deny, just turned and left as intended. He’d get back to the motel, catch a few hours, and be ready to ship out as soon as he woke up and put something in his stomach.

The problem with green energy at night was that it was noticeable as all get-out. Catching a flash of emerald light in his peripheral, he immediately juked right. Quickshot juking right was a little different than most people doing s. In less than a second, he was some ten yards east of where he’d been previously, with the blue glow of his speedster aura fading away. He’d opened his duffel as he ran, unzipped it but not withdrawn anything, and was now turned to face the green version of himself and its creator, eyes moving between the two before settling on the boy.

A shapeshifter, with some sort of energy manipulation power. Not exactly garden variety, and to show up here of all places… well, Quickshot wasn’t one for embracing coincidence. With his eyes narrowed and his lips set in a grim line, he studied the strange boy, listened to his monologue. As he advanced, Quickshot would retreat, keeping an operable distance of about thirty feet between them, but not drawing on him. Not yet. He didn’t know what he was dealing with, and he didn’t need this sort of fight. He had better things to do.

“What I’m doing here is none of your business.” His paranoia was engaged, but despite that, his voice rang out with confidence. “Is this going to be some kind of problem?” He made a bit of a gesture between them with his left hand, to indicate what might be the problem. Not quite a threat, but it was there in tone. He continued watching the boy and the construct, ready to bolt at any instant.
Back to top Go down
Mischief

Mischief

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:31 am

Mischief watched as the boy shot away, though the blur was pretty quick. Luckily in the dark, the glow that came from him was enough to warrant a shift of the head towards his current position, even before he announced himself. "Yeouch, you're a fast one, huh? That explains how you could run away from home and survive alone without needing a static income for travel, does it not?" The young looking child would tap his chin with a quizzical look upon his face. Being right under Loki, he had picked up some habits from the trickster. Habits that had their uses, such as manipulating others for a greater gain. Noticing the child kept a distance of atleast 30 feet, Mischief would shrug his shoulders and share his devious grin. The green astral projection would vanish soon after the gesture. "There is no problem between us, unless you make one, my friend. I was simply passing by. Though.." The boy would tilt his head forward while rubbing a hand through his shaggy hair. That grin of his never breaking. "I know how lonely it can be traveling town to town alone. Perhaps I could be a companion to you. I could provide you with work that could put a stable roof over your head. Even help you find what you're looking for in life. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, I like to think." A hand would remain near his chest, while the other remained behind his back. "Can I atleast get a name from my new acquaintance? Surely a child, such as myself, would be no threat to you. I simply want to be of service. We're both not mere humans, obviously. We should stick together."
Back to top Go down
Quickshot

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am

If the speedster was relieved when the green doppelganger vanished, it certainly didn’t show. All it meant was that he now had one thing to keep track of now, and so the boy had his full attention. He wasn’t entirely buying the little boy lost act; those were two pretty impressive and distinctly different abilities he’d already displayed, which meant there was more to him than Quickshot could even hope to guess at.

He did stop gritting his teeth, at least, as he listened. The words hit home a little more than he would have liked. Sometimes, he wished he could just be devoid of emotion. He played the part often enough, but when it came down to it, the long road he’d set on was a lonely one indeed. The companionship he imagined for himself wasn’t a strange little boy, though.

“No offense, kid, but there’s a reason I travel alone. Most people can’t keep up.” He wasn’t anywhere near to agreeing to some sort of arrangement, not yet, but ten of the many words that the boy had let loose were radiating in his mind. Even help you find what you’re looking for in life. If there was even a chance that this was anywhere near sincere, that the shape-shifter could help him piece together his past or find his sister, well… it was worth listening to his pitch, at least.

He mulled for a long string of seconds before finally offering a response, so far as his name went. Learning that his “rescuer” wasn’t a normie had done wonders for his ability to feel gratitude, and so he figured he owed the kid that much, at least. “I’m Quickshot,” he offered, not without pride. It wasn’t the name that he’d borrowed to use in social situations; it was the only identity he really had, that he could really call his own.
Back to top Go down
Mischief

Mischief

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:49 am

Finally there was a reaction! There was always a reaction for every action. It just took the proper action, and it seemed as though the Asgardian had finally hit home. Would this 'Quickshot' accept his most gracious offer? "Yes, I know keeping up will be a problem, but I have my ways of getting around. Surely you won't need to indulge yourself into the likes of me." Mischief would give a slight bow, as his form would shift back into the form of the one named Jessica. With this, her voice and body changed dramatically. "I've already given you my name, sugah dumplin. Now let's get out of here. We can talk more tomorrow. It's getting late, don't you think?" The 'woman' would make her stride towards the motel, inviting herself to stay with the male. "We can talk more about this in the morning. I'll help you find what you're looking for, if you help me with a certain goal. Though I wonder what a boy who can travel around the world on a whim could really want." With said, she'd turn completely around to head directly in the direction of the motel. They had alot to talk about in the night, for the morning they had alot of traveling to commit too.

OoC: Exit. I'll explain everything OoC in a timeskip through inRP means
Back to top Go down
Quickshot

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 am

The speedster didn't start moving, not just yet. The boy/woman, whatever he actually was, had made some progress, surely, but Quickshot hadn't survived this long by blindly trusting anyone. He did need sleep, but he wasn't about to render himself that sort of vulnerable with him/her around, not at all.

He delved into a pocket, fished out a singular key attached to a little plastic tag that had "8" raised upon it, then deftly tossed it through the air toward her. "You're welcome to the room, but we'll hardly be sharing it. If I haven't decided otherwise by then, I'll come to you there tomorrow."

He didn't give her time to reply before streaking away in the opposite direction.

[==Exit==]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]   Trouble in Paradise [Xsay] Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble in Paradise [Xsay]
Page 1 of 1