Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Odd situations [open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Odd situations [open] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Odd situations [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

Odd situations [open] Empty
PostSubject: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 pm

”No, no, no that can’t be right.” Sean muttered to himself as he ran a pink eraser hard over a few lines formed by his number two pencil, lips pursing into an annoyed line. He was sitting on a bench in Central park attempting a sketch of what looked like a simple tree, not too extravagant but detail was a key to him. A branch was not drawn to his liking, thus he was attempting to correct it. The pencil was scratching across the sketchpad surface as he slowly but surely redrew the branch, even trying to get the red bird feeding its young in its nest right. Everything had to perfect, otherwise he would never finish this masterpiece in the making. OCD may be a possible description when it came to Sean and his art, something he took far too seriously. People passed by without even a sidelong glance, something he enjoyed about New York.

After what felt like forever he placed the pencil down and let out a heavy sigh, now contempt with the appearance of the branch. Now he needed to get to the texture of the bark, a more difficult task to be sure but one he was more skilled at than when the simple matter of branch shape came into play. His blue eyes narrowed as he began the long process, making sure each detail was correct; especially the small whole on the upper part of the thick trunk, most likely carved out by a woodpecker some time ago. It brought into question of anything still lived in the hole or if it had been vacated a while ago. His mind wandered onto the subject until he finally convinced himself that there was in fact nothing in there and returned to his work at hand. Maybe one day he could go into making a graphic novel or something.

That was when the familiar voice caught his attention and he let out an involuntary sigh. It was one of his few friends and a good one at that. ”Sean, you gonna sit there all day?” A blonde around his age with intelligent green eyes asked sitting down next to him on the bench. Despite himself Sean smiled weakly, flashing the bright green braces as he closed the sketchpad and deposited it within his backpack. ”Out here enjoying the scenery I assume.” he continued not skipping a beat as Sean simply nodded in response. This was one of his favorite places to relax really, escape the hustle and bustle of his home life. His mother was eccentric in her own way and father was his usual self. It wasn’t a bad life but everyone needed their alone time.

”What’s your excuse for being out here?” Sean asked raising an eyebrow as the fellow blonde simply shot him a smug grin. It was likely he was just bored and wanted to talk to someone, his mother barely giving him any attention seeing as she was so deep within her work. If one looked closely they could see he wasn’t as happy as he came off to be.

”I have free time you know. Can’t spend all of it at home alone can I?” he countered with a wry smirk standing from his sitting position as Sean followed suit. Aaron Hale was always a strange person to him, almost enigmatic. ”We should do something. I vote ice cream,never a bad time for ice cream.” Aaron suggested cheerily as he turned to Sean asking for an opinion.

” Yeah, sounds like a great idea. I guess I could go for some ice cream right now.” Sean said with a smile following after the blonde as they made their way to the nearest ice cream shop. There were quite a few if you looked in the right spot and all of that. Something vibrated in Sean’s pocket, which was most likely his cell phone. Checking it Sean’s small grin turned into a hard line. His mom was going to be out doing some sort of magical stuff, which she was always doing these days. With his dad having to work over time he was left alone in his home, much to his dissatisfaction.

After about fifteen minutes of walking they arrived at Aaron’s favorite place. Sean himself got a simple double scoop of chocolate while Aaron got some sort of bubble gum flavor. With the dairy treats in hand they walked out and down the street eating them gingerly. That was of course when it happened, a single car running a bit too fast past them before swerving and crashing, followed by the symphony of police sirens. Sean stared the scene confused, raising an eyebrow as he considered what to do.

The option to run was very possible, considering he was no good with what he could do but maybe he could do something. ”Well this isn’t good.” he muttered as a few people stepped out of the vehicle holding…..guns.

He was about fifty feet away from them, which meant he was not in a good position at all.
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:20 pm

At the SHIELD head quarters, there was an unusual reading going on, and it seemed hat something was happening in New York. Well, there was always something happening in New York, but it seemed some sort of robbery was going on, and they seemed to be either led by a super, or there was a super involved, and that seemed just like the opportunity Grimshaw needed. He asked to tag along, and since he would be the most senior officer there(considering just the normal people were going, and he was considered higher because of his scientific status), he would be sort of the leader. He couldn't really tell them to go against any orders, and he was mostly just there to tag along. As he geared up, he decided to wear his lab coat instead of his battle gear, as this wasn't an official mission, but simply stopping a super from doing something too dangerous. A bit selfish for SHIELD, but what could you do? Perhaps this would also prevent the people that were tailing the super from doing anything dangerous, and harming the super. After all, Grimshaw wanted to meet this person, and perhaps study them in great detail. As he got in the van with the other three agents, they took off along a road. The government issued black van was known throughout the city now, which shouldn't really be quite a surprise, but then again, it seemed that they weren't such a secretive organization like they used to be.

As the van pulled up to the scene, there was already another van there, and the SHEILD agents quickly brought out ther guns, and walked around the van. The members of the van would be caught in between the super and the gun toting agents, and would most like just surrender, but then again, most things weren't cut and dry. Grimshaw was tired of the standoff that was happening, and walked around the va. A man pointed a gun at him, but as the gun was raising up to meet Grimshaw's head, he used his mind to analyze the situation. Swiftly, Grimshaw reached up and simply tapped the safety on the gun, so it wouldn't fire. As he looked on the person's face, it didn't seem like he knew what had happened, and just get taking quick breaths, as he seemed overly nervous. Grimshaw simply placed his hand on the gun, and as the man tried to fire, nothing happened, and Grimshaw simply yanked the gun away without much trouble. One officer came around the side with Grimshaw, and then subdued the man with the gun, while the other two went around the other side, and with Grimshaw now pointing a gun at them, they were stuck on both sides. They weren't very professional, so they surrendered, while the final SHIELD agent pulled the driver from the car.

Now that the bit of commotion was quickly settled, Grimshaw turned towards the two people. One of these two was a super, but he had to be a bit delicate about this, considering a lot of supers liked to keep their power a secret. "Greetings you two, I am Grimshaw, an Agent of SHIELD. Perhaps you two could come back to the HQ and write a statement? This odd crash is a bit too above the pay grade of the ordinary police, and you too saw the beginning of it happen. Sorry if this ruins some sort of plans, but it's simply procedure." Grimshaw had a good look at the people running from the cops, and it didn't seem any of them were supers. Odd, but his informant said that there was a super involved somehow, maybe they just stole something from the super. Regardless, maybe the men were hiding something, and these two people saw something that He missed, coming a little late to the party. The other SHIELD agents shoed their credentials to the police, and the men would be taken into SHIELD custody from then on. The car that the men were driving would also be towed away back to SHIELD. Grimshaw motioned his hand towards the SHIELD van, but of course he would understand if the people were sceptical.
Back to top Go down
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:51 pm

The situation devolved from that as the guys were easily taken down by what seemed like some form of secret agent who simply walked up to one of them and took his gun from his hand it seemed. Aaron watched with mild interest while Sean was more confused by what was happening than anything. All he could tell was that the guy was not normal but someone special, kind of like him but not like him. He hitched the backpack on his back higher as the police handled the rest and then turned his gaze upon the two young men who were looking at him.

He could feel the awkward atmosphere thicken and then the guy sliced through it with a statement. He was with Shield, which meant that this was most likely a metahuman incident and that meant that there was more to this than met the eye. Was there some sort of conspiracy beneath all of the pretenses or was it simply just dumb luck that they were around when the incident conspired? Would they go with him to this Shield HQ?

”Yeah, we can go with you to this Shield HQ,right Sean?” he asked turning his mischievous eyes towards the younger male who nodded awkwardly, not fully comfortable with anything that was happening at the moment. Something within his gut told him that this was not the best idea but he knew he had been dragged into something and there would be no way to escape it really. Sometimes he felt like he was only following a lead, which made sense considering he barely told Aaron no; that was of course if he didn’t suggest anything absolutely insane. This was likely to be another adventure for him, another little adventure that would add some sort of understanding. Maybe he wanted to see the Shield HQ for himself or something like that?

”I guess I have no other choice.” he said smiling weakly as his eyes darted around as if looking for some way out but only seeing the pedestrians glancing back at him. Sean followed Aaron’s lead as they approached the van, mentally wondering what he was even doing. The answer of course was that he had no idea what he was doing but he would go along with it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 pm

It seemed that one of the people was simply confused, while the other just sort of looked on, as if nothing was happening. this was fairly odd, considering the circumstances, but he would find that out soon enough. As Grimshaw invited them to the headquarters, they were taken into the van, and they didn't seem to hesitant about it, which was understandable, but they should have questioned it a bit more, Grimshaw thought. You never know what people could do nowadays, and they were fairly lucky that Grimshaw didn't want to harm them, because they could have fallen in a trap fairly easily. As they were traveling in the back of the vehicle, it was set up so that the sides and seats like benches, a lot similar to swat vehicles, for easy entrance and exit. As they were riding, the road got a bit bumpy, and of course Grimshaw would start his conversation. "So, I'm a scientist working for SHIELD, and I study super beings. It's simply what I do. I try to figure out what allows them to manifest super powers, and maybe I can use some of them to cure diseases and such. What do you two do? Are you students?" It seemed pretty strange, talking so proper and such to those that seemed like they were in the same age group as he was. He was only eighteen, but his mind was more more advanced than most of his peers, especially humans. He still wanted to learn about these two young men, so he continued on, so that he could understand them a bit better. "This might be insensitive, I wouldn't know, but do either of you have friends with super powers? I met a few at SHIELD even, so I get to have plenty of fun with them. Sorry this sounds so weird, just trying to pass the time while we get to our destination."

Soon, after that conversation would end, the vehicle would reach the destination, which was SHIELD headquarters. He would walk with them towards the entrance, and after the doors were opened, there would be a checkpoint for security, where Grimshaw would show them his badge, and the other two would simply be scanned for weapons and such, before continuing on into the halls. As they walked, they would pass a bunch of people just walking around, carrying files, wheeling machinery about, and then they would reach a door. A quick swipe of his card opened the door to his office and lab area, which was rather small at the time. As he entered, one's attention would be immediately drawn to the two large machines that were there, one filled with blue goop, and inside of it was a person, floating in suspended animation, his body being analyzed and healed periodically. The other, was empty, and simply waiting for another being to step into it. Grimshaw, noticing that most people would immediately want to know what those were, had no qualms with explaining his great invention. "You see these? These are machines of my own design. They take a large scan of your genetic code, and can keep track of every atom of your body. It can check if you have diseases and such, and I can isolate them for a doctor to easily heal. If you step into the machine again after it has scanned you, it heals you, and it can even reverse the aging process. These machines are called The Lazarus Chambers." Grimshaw enjoyed flaunting his creations.

As he walked over to his desk, he grabbed another chair, as there was only one on the opposite side of his desk, and sat it there, so the two could sit down. He then grabbed two report forms, simply papers with areas to fill out, detailing exactly what they say. "Now, I only need first names, if you'd prefer to keep it anonymous, but I would like any little detail about the crash, and more importantly, about the people in the car." After a bit, he would ask them something else. "Also, we are conducting experiments, simply scanning people, seeing if they are healthy, and testing out my machines. If either of you would like a go in one, It's fairly quick and easy, and you will be compensated for your help in my research." He was of course talking about money, because he had quite a bit of extra money now that he worked for SHIELD, as most of the things he wanted were payed for by the organization, he didn't need to spend much, only on food and clothing.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Sean followed after them, choosing to sitting down in the Shield van as it slowly moved off to whatever place they were going. He was honestly apprehensive about this whole thing but one thing about him was his inability to say no to Aaron, who had his way with words when he needed to convince him to do something. Would he ask about his abilities? They themselves were something he was not well versed in and was less likely to be able to use them with any real skill, which was why he needed to find someone to teach him how to even use them.

Sean stared down at his palm,which was open halfway as he considered what to even do about his abilities. Apparently this guy was some sort of scientist, which answered much but answered so little at the same time. All it told them was that this guy was pretty smart and could help them in some way; mostly Sean though, considering he was unsure of Aaron was even a metahuman. If he was, it was likely to be some sort of mental thing. Aaron seemed enthusiastic about this, his face impassive but Sean knew that he was beaming underneath all of it.

”Friends with super powers?” Aaron rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he mused over if any of his friends really had any sort of “superpowers”, though no one came up. His green eyes narrowed as his mind went into overdrive but nothing came up from that. ”Nope,none that I can think of.” he said finally turning to Sean who was at least trying to look like he was trying to appear as if he were trying to think of an answer, when he himself had superpowers. He of course came up with no good answer that didn’t mirror his friends.

’yeah,don’t know anyone.” Sean said mirroring Aaron’s answer, now only waiting until they arrived at this Shield HQ. When they did, the man ushered them inside into what looked like a lab. A strange machine was the first thing that they turned towards, the man explaining what it was as Sean realized what it could potentially do if he understood the guy correctly.

”Well honestly we don’t know anything about the people in the car,nor about the crash. We were just there at the wrong time really.” Aaron explained with a shrug.

”Yeah,don’t really know who they are.” Sean said agreeing as his blue eyes averted to the floor. He was tempted to deny the offer but of course Aaron wouldn’t do it; and money talks. ”I guess I can go….in one.” Sean offered before Aaron could say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm

A turn of events couldn't have possibly ended better for Grimshaw, as he was listening to the young boys say that they were simply in the wrong place at that time. Well, this was very possible, but he just wanted to know if they knew anything. Before that, it seemed that neither of them knew anyone with super powers, and it seemed that one of them was a lot more outgoing than the other. One seemed a bit shy, but this was most likely natural, as most people were different, he had met his share of extremely shy people in his life, some wouldn't even socialize with others, at least this person had a friend, or brother. They said they didn't know much, other than something happened suddenly, so Grimshaw sort of frowned a bit. "Well, just write down what you saw, it's procedure, even if it wasn't much." After the paperwork that didn't detail anything extravagant was handled, it seemed that it was time to ask the age old question that was: would you like to help science? Well, it seemed that the shy one spoke up after a little while, and said that he wouldn't mind. Extra money was a fabulous thing to have, and he was willing to give each of them three hundred dollars if they did so, simply because more people on the records of the machine meant more information to study, and that was always fun. The shy one agreed, and Grimshaw would usher him out of the seat and over to the machine.

"So, what's going to happen, is that you will step in, the goop will form over you, and by that time, you'll be asleep. A few moments later and a few calculations, and you'll be waking up, good as new. This person to the right here, was injured, so he's currently healing." Grimshaw had to make an excuse for the hero no more, as he was simply sleeping until he felt like waking up. During that time however, Grimshaw would make full use of his genetic code and material. Grimshaw would step over to the machine, and then start typing some stuff in, dealing with the boy's approximate body type and stating that he was in fact, male. The machine would do the rest, but the boy simply had to step in. "Alright, whenever you're ready, simply step in and we'll get you scanned." Scanned might not have been the right word to use in the situation, but Grimshaw was rather excited, as he wanted to know everything, so genetic code, being so vast, held many different secrets, and it was rather a fun read for Grimshaw.

He couldn't wait until he finished the special extractor module, as that would allow him to start making special materials, things with special powers, and even new formulas and stimulants, that would increase his own abilities. It was about to be a fun month for him, and soon he would be able to start capturing the dangerous and criminal super beings. He would also study them too, figure out what they're powers were, and then attempt to formulate counters to the power. It was interesting to see the different things, and the chamber was currently adjusting to the otherworlder's genetic code. He was extremely lucky to have gotten an alien to agree to be studied.
Back to top Go down
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Sean was ushered into a seat, a feeling of apprehension washing over him as he sat down. Something about goop washing over him didn’t pass very well, the thought that he would be in there possibly unable to breathe, unless of course it was some sort of special chemical. His eyes shot to Aaron who gave him a reassuring smile, something that kept his heart form beating out of his chest as the whole process began. The goop began to raise, cold to the touch as his consciousness ebbed and slowly fell away, darkness swimming across his vision as he gave way to dreams; short ones but dreams nonetheless.

He would not likely remember the images that flashed across the dark dreamscape but they happened, punctuated by a sudden awareness that felt sharp. Sensation flowed through out his limbs, the time he had sat suspended in a sort of stasis undetermined really but he felt like it was for a good hour. Aaron was watching him with a patient expression, green eyes narrowing as he waited for his friend to wake from the stasis, not in the least worried of any adverse affects. Some friend he was.

Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:23 pm

As the man stepped into the machine, and the machine started filling with the specialized sedative and analyzing fluid, the man would drift off into sleep. The man would only be asleep for a few moments, the man's friend simply watching along, probably wondering exactly what was happening. Grimshaw would then get on his computer, as it started beeping and such, he started typing, reading the miles of code, looking for anything out of the ordinary, and then he noted the mutagen scanner flag up. This was strange, it seemed that the person inside the chamber was a mutant. They had both said they didn't know anyone with super powers, so either they were both protecting Sean, or the young man in the machine hadn't told his close friend yet. Either way, Grimshaw wouldn't make a big deal about it, and would respect the man's wish for privacy amongst his personal life, so he wouldn't tell anyone he was a mutant. He had gotten his power readings, and it seemed that the man could control water. He didn't know if it was only pure water, or anything with the same structure, or that was made mostly of water.

After the scan was complete, it had only been around a minute and a half, and quickly the goop would start to pump out, and then a few more typings on the computer would pump in a bit of fresh air and a bit of special smelling salt, which would wake the man from his sleep. Once the man was awake, Grimshaw would ask him. "Well, that wasn't so bad right? You're free to step out." Grimshaw would then type in the computer, which would undue the seal on the door, and all Sean had to do was to push the glass door to get out. He wondered what he was dreaming of, but he dismissed that, as the massive amount of data he had just got would need to be analyzed and processed, and he would be able to start doing a bunch of things with it.

Grimshaw would offer the hand to the man's friend, but it sort of seemed that they were done being at the Shield base. If the man stepped in, he would repeat the process, before talking with Sean. If not, they would both simply go back to his desk, and he would give him his money for the research. "Thank you very much for your participation. Also, if you're ever hurt or sick, feel free to come back here, and this machine will fix you right up." Grimshaw would smile, and then hand the man an envelope, which would contain three hundred dollars in twenty dollar bills. He hoped that was enough, he didn't really know how much people expected from simply stepping into a machine for a minute or two.
Back to top Go down
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Sean pressed his palm flatly against the glass door of the machine, cold against his skin as he pushed it open. The doorway gave away with no resistance as he stepped out into the air about the same as he was when he first entered the machine. Cool air conditioned air met his skin as his eye’s drifted towards Aaron who looked to him impassively. He wasn’t going to go through the same procedure that Sea had gone through; simply due to the fact he was likely not going to have some sort of machine prodding through his genetic structure. ” Could have been worst I suppose.” Sean thought to himself as the man handed him an envelope, most likely containing the money that they were promised. Sean looked down at the small thing for a second, considering that he was holding a sizable amount, considering he wasn’t likely to run off to spend it so willingly. ”Thanks.” Sean said flashing a small appreciative smile at the man, lime green braces revealed for only a moment. Turning back to his friend Sean then looked back at the man before making his way out. This was a productive day to say the least.

[exit]

Last edited by Sean Collin on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 am

The boy looked pleased, and so did Grimshaw. He was almost ecstatic, the air on his head looking a bit more wild than usual somehow, and he was simply glad that they had met that day. It seemed they were ready to leave, as the second person apparently didn't want to get into it, so only Sean would be walking away with some money in his pocket. Grimshaw would have to report this to Shield, but he would wait until later, to say that he was randomly scanning citizens to check if they were supers and then study their dna for science. It sounded bad when he mashed it altogether like that in his mind, which gave way to a soft chuckle. The boy thanked him, and then they both headed out. They would simply be escorted outside, and given a ride back home if they wanted, but the other members of Shield. The scientist would give a wave at the young man, and he actually wished him the best. If it turned out that Sean eventually wanted to become a sort of superhero, then Grimshaw really didn't mind helping him out, considering he was eager to help science, as he didn't seem like one to need to sell his body to science.

His friend however, was a bit normal, and it seemed like he was a bit of a washout. Still, it surprised Grimshaw that the timid boy was the one that volunteered for the test. As the two young men left, Grimshaw would return to his work of analyzing the codes. He still had a lot of work to be done, and he wouldn't get very much sleep in the coming nights, so he decided, after the boys were long gone, to go get some coffee.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Keita
Humans
Humans
Keita

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:50 pm

[prestiged]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd situations [open]   Odd situations [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Odd situations [open]
Page 1 of 1