Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheTempest

TheTempest

Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] Empty
PostSubject: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 am

Name: Change Weather Conditions
    Power: Atmokinesis
    Description: This is the common ability to change the prevailing weather conditions of an area, typically a mile radius, and must be in line with the relative weather of the season and area. It takes approximately five minutes for the weather conditions to change completely. Thus, the user can’t change the existing weather conditions and instantly remark of such in a post. The number of posts to reflect this will vary depending on those involves, if combat is happening, etc.. The entirety of what is possible is dependant upon the mastery of other abilities the user possesses and can not create beyond them.

Example. Even if the weather was already favorable for a hurricane and then the user changes the weather to be warmer and more humid, he can not create a hurricane unless he has an ability to specifically do so. A tornado would be easier as it is more localized but again, the right abilities are necessary. The user could however decrease the temperature over a cold city, gather moisture in the area and cause a small snow squall even he has power over temperature and water.

Name: Electricity Manipulation
    Description: The user can direct electrical energy blasts by manipulating the charged particles in the clouds, air and ground. This includes the user himself acting as a lightning rod. The user can choose the target location or specific target for lightning in an existing lightning storm. More commonly, the user can project blasts of lightning as an attack at up to 3 targets at rank C.

At C rank, natural lightning is more dangerous than generated lightning. Generated lightning will stun and moderately damage a target with normal fortitude/health/resistances. Objects are lightly damaged unless specifically vulnerable like electronics which will be fried/destroyed.

Name: Thermal Manipulation
    Description: By manipulating the kinetic energy of the particles in the air, the user can increase or decrease the temperature. At D rank, the user can manipulate the temperature by a variance of up to 30 degrees Fahrenheit with an additional 30 degrees for each rank above D. The localized area is affected to this temperature change up to a 40’ radius with every additional 40’ getting 10 degrees closer to the original but only if the user wishes to affect an area larger than normal. This does not include the ability to heat exhaust or freeze a target.

Example. If it were currently 95, the user could make it feel like it were 35 for 40’ around the target and it would get warmer as you moved away unless it were specifically localized in which case cool air currents would travel for a shorter distance before the normal heat prevailing.

Name: Water Manipulation
    Description: The user can manipulate moisture in the air to create areas of fog, rain, ice or snow. Temperature is a factor but this ability can be impacted by others as normal. Especially dry areas, like a desert, have an extremely limited possible effect. The area produced/affected by fog, rain, pieces of hail/ice or falling snow is a 20’ radius at D with an additional 10’ radius for every rank above D. The fog creates limited visibility for those within 5’ and blocks normal sight beyond.

Alternatively at rank C or higher, this ability can be used against 3 targets for a blast of razor sharp ice crystals, to drench a burning target(s), or try to bury them in snow. This does not include freezing a target solid, making ice formations, etc.

Name: Thunder Manipulation
    Description: The user can manipulate atmospheric phenomena, air pressure and the charged particles in the air to generate tremendous bursts of sonic energy, which sound as thunder. This can be directed on up to 3 targets at Rank C who all must be within 20’ of one another. This will create 2 posts of deafness for the target and limited hearing thereafter for the remainder of the thread (primarily in combat). It stuns those with super hearing.

Name: Shock Shield
    Description: The user generates a shield of electricity around her body in a 10’ radius. This shield can be up to 10’ in radius larger per rank above C if desired. The intense electrical current produced in visible arcs of lightning vaporizes simple matter like rocks where complex objects are electrocuted and deflected at random. A bullet would deflect randomly whereas a rock would vaporize.

Attacks of higher rank are halved in damage while most other attacks are blocked or deflected. Shrapnel could still come through and cause damage. Energy attacks are similarly affected. At higher ranks, more complex materials can be vaporized.

Name: Pressure Canon
    Description: The user modifies the atmospheric pressure in an area to create a tremendously explosive release in the air. The object or target is bombarded with great strength, equivalent to 1,000 lbs of force at Rank C as per a branched power.

Name: Antiflight Bombardment
    Power: Flight / Atmokinesis
    Description: The user of this ability has trained in flight precisely enough so as to recognize the flight maneuvers in another. By countering their movements with specific pressure adjustments and attacking with strong wind gusts, the user can drive the target down. Those of higher rank than C have their speed reduced to half and they can not gain altitude. Those of equal or lower rank are grounded.

Name: Lightning Bolt
    Description: By using electrical manipulation, the user creates a pure bolt of lightning that affects everything in its path out 60’. Each rank beyond C grants another 30’. This causes moderate damage and stuns the targets.

Name: Freeze Target
    Description: By combining thermal and water manipulation, the user can freeze a target in solid ice. It takes two posts at rank B to achieve the necessary ice and cold. It lasts two posts, depending on weather conditions and without ongoing concentration/continued use of this ability as well as the powers of the target. Presumably, heat powers and the like would modify or nullify this power.

Name: Electrolysis
    Description: By combining electricity and water manipulation, the user can generate an electrolysis field to separate oxygen and hydrogen molecules with electrical current so that breathable air is produced for those within 10’ (at C rank) plus 10’ each rank beyond C of the user.

Last edited by TheTempest on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : editing Freeze Target for B rank)
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Bumping.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 am

Bumping.
Back to top Go down
Ford Perfect

Ford Perfect

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 am

I think in some areas you might have pushed the premise just a little bit too far, Shock Shield, Pressure Cannon and Freeze Target...for a C-Ranker, they seem to just be a little over the edge. Not in terms of power, just that they branch a little too far if you catch my meaning?

Wonderfully written in any case.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:40 am

First, thanks for taking a look. Also thanks for the compliment. I'm trying to be clear as possible with these.

I'll say too I'm trying not to take things too far with overpowered desires. It's why I took like flight for a sub power, makes Tempest a better flyer but also follows premise. Honestly, Storm from X-Men is a heavy inspiration.

She's achieved electrical shielding, pressurized attacks and frozen people with ice. I don't think any are beyond the possibility of atmokinesis as she's done such and they all follow pretty clear reasoning, I believe anyway. I'm trying not to point to examples of what other people get approved for, but I thought these were pretty sound.

I will agree that maybe freezing people is too much for C rank and should probably move to B, I'll adjust that. I see great abilities like summoning hurricanes or blizzards as higher rank, since they are potentially catastrophic but freezing a person solid is too. The pressurized canon is a strength maneuver as what I was imagining is the pressure building of a storm shattering glass or puncturing lungs due to rapid descents. The shock shield seems fairly common to me and I followed the shielding rank possibilities while still trying to be clear that shrapnel and the like can damage still. i.e. You may stop a deadly blast but you're still going to get hurt.

Does that seem fair?

EDIT: I should note it's also why I made the base "manipulation" powers as I feel more generalized control and influence should be necessary before more focused attacks like lightning bolt, freeze target, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ford Perfect

Ford Perfect

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Great powers man, you'll go far if you keep this up.
Freeze Target still has the C-Rank statistic on it, but aside from that- all Approved.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Thank you sir. I've modified the Freeze Target to only mention B or higher.

I'm going to train up 6 abilities as per 700 per C rank ability.

• Change Weather Conditions
  • Electricity Manipulation
  • Thermal Manipulation
  • Water Manipulation
  • Thunder Manipulation
  • Shock Shield

Paying with this training: https://marvelunlimited.forumotion.com/t1653-prayer-and-penance-training
Back to top Go down
Lone Star

Lone Star

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Approved and added to your app.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm going to train up 2 abilities as per 700 per C rank ability.

• Pressure Canon
  • Antiflight Bombardment

Paying with this training: https://marvelunlimited.forumotion.com/t1681-riding-the-tempest-training#8226
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Bumping for latest purchase. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Bumping
Back to top Go down
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Approved training. I'll add to your app soon
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Training for Lightning Bolt and Electrolysis. https://marvelunlimited.forumotion.com/t1710p15-sinful-freedom-training#8529

Adding to bio. If issue, please feel free to say so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]   Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete] Empty

Back to top Go down

Atmokinetic Abilities [Complete]
Page 1 of 1