Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

The Summit - [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Samael

Samael

The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:30 pm

There were introductions all around and everyone seemed to settle a bit. Everyone started discussing what they did and no one had yet directly asked Samael that question which was nice, he didn’t have to lie or explain that he did ‘church stuff’ or whatever. That could sometimes turn awkward fast. The new girl was fairly quiet, mostly just answering the questions as posed to her, but Samael was still curious. His eyes might not have caught the whole incident, but his other senses had definitely seen that cup change direction.

DC came up briefly and Samael frowned a bit. That had been an…. Odd experience. He was just happy he’d managed to get the hostages out with only a minimal loss of life thanks to the sociopathic crazy girl. He did smile somewhat at the way Devon spoke, in many ways that man could be the preacher rather than Samael, he often had a way with words.

He met Devon’s gaze as the group was practically propelled inside, and he gave the guy a slight smirk as he noticed his discomfort. He didn’t imagine Devon the dancing type, though he was a bit graceful.

Samael, for his part, remained silent, still occasionally peeking into various minds. Devon was a bit like a reminder to him and he didn’t delve deep, just checked occasionally for useful information. The boss should be around soon and Samael would pull Devon away to go talk to her then, or at least find some other way to get them speaking. After all, that’s why Devon was here, right? Mutant rights weren’t Samael’s bag, really, not anymore than anyone else’s rights. But maybe the whole thing was about more than just mutant rights after all..
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Kyrie only smiled in response to Rachel's prodding and rested her chin on her interlocked fingers, while her elbows supported her by resting on the table. "Well, Rachel, like Devon said, 'customer privacy'. There's nothing too intriguing about it, though, just that it's the nature of the job to be secretive." She hoped Rachel wouldn't be disappointed to the point of offense. She was warm and all, but that was as far as Kyrie was willing to let out. Devon seemed to be a sort of responsible individual, with the way he explained how he was making attempts to be a problem solver, rather than be part of the problem.

Erin was ever so intent on dancing, and it seemed that was where they all would be headed. Kyrie wasn't a stranger to dancing, but she wasn't too keen on it with all the humans around. Perhaps if she was in more comfortable company, she could have tried it out. For now, being a spectator would be sufficient. "Hmmm, you guys go on ahead. I guess I'll stand aside and watch. Watching always teaches something," she said, as she got up along with the others. She had to smile at Devon's reaction; he half looked like Erin was taking him away to eat him. Very funny, that.

She glanced sideways at Sam. Was it her or did he seem a bit distracted? "Thinking about something?" she asked him, though she kept her eyes on Devon.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Rachel simply smiled and nodded, clearly taking Kyrie’s answer with only the faintest amount of acceptance. The girl left anyway, seeking out a drink among the mounting standbys at one of the outdoor bars. She was lost in the sea of dark shades suits, jackets, shirts and skirts.

Devon couldn’t believe he was being left to Erin’s devices. Hadn’t he bailed out Kyrie? Wasn’t Sam his friend? Now he was through the doors inside where the sound of music pounded bodies as they beat their feet upon the floor. Erin grinned at him and silently – perhaps only due to the sound of the music’s volume – pulled him further into the masses.

While Kyrie inquired as to Samael’s thoughts, missing only the offer of a penny, Erin spun madly and happily. Devon couldn’t hear her giggle, but he was fairly certain she did. His senses were bombarded by the bass, the lights, the heat from the air and all the people pressing in. He moved deftly, anticipating movements but he didn't exactly know any dance moves. He tried to think of it like a thunderstorm and eventually the chaos of it all swept him away too.

Grinning, the dark haired student lost track of that around him. He smiled back at Erin, ocassionaly taking her hand and spinning her about or smirking as he sauntered close to her. She blushed, returning the interest with flirtatious glances, hipped dips, and a turn of her back. Devon laughed as the whiskey pumped through his blood; he needed to sneak into dance clubs more often.

“All this fun without me?” Rachel shouted loudly, some blue drink in her hand. It was illuminated by a glow stick that bobbed as she pouted her lips and dropped her rear-end low. Erin clapped and even Devon had to admit the event planner had moves. It wasn’t long before the three were lost to the music.

The music, mind you, which now could not be ignored even outside on the patio. The doors were propped open as Kevin, head of security, had gotten permission from a returned text of Elise. The warm air wafted its way outside as cool air drifted in. The energy of the lounge, primarily the dance floor, was intoxicating and its music fast. It was difficult to say whether the music charged the people or the people charged the music.

((OOC:
No rolls necessary at this time.))

Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 am

Rachael and Erin both seemed to be intent on having a good time tonight, which wasn’t really a bad idea but Samael was too focused on what Devon had told him – and Samael really hated not being able to get to the bottom of something. He pondered going off in search of the boss when words from Kyrie draw him out of his thoughtfulness.

Samael glanced towards the woman and shrugged slightly, “Just all of the people here. I tend to watch a lot, and often find myself curious about people’s motives and lives – wondering why they are here, what they are doing. Who the wicked ones are and who the nice ones are.” He smirked slightly, and then nodded towards Devon who was just starting to dance, “Aren’t you going to join them?”

He watched as Devon danced with Erin. At first Devon seemed slightly awkward but graceful, but eventualyly the young man seemed to let loose and it looked like the guy was actually a quite good dancer and was giving Erin a run for her money. All around them people danced and moved to the music and Samael’s eyes continued to scan the crowd, feeling a bit awkward. He’d danced plenty of times before, but only to blend in while hunting… dancing for fun was a rather foreign concept.

Things were starting to get a bit crowded for Samael’s taste and he glanced towards the entrances the employees used, tempted to go hunt down this Elise person.

Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Inasmuch as Rachel did not seem too satisfied with Kyrie's answer, she did not push the topic. That was a relief. Devon seemed to be dancing just like a warrior who was well trained may try to copy an opponent's moves. He did seem to be doing a good job at it. Perhaps he was more than just a psychology student. Erin was clearly enjoying herself. Kyrie looked around for Rachel, but the woman was lost in the sea of people. A moment later, she spotted her already with Devon and Erin, dancing away. Kyrie shook her head. She was very sure that without her ESP, she would be unable to trace out anyone in this crowd. How Rachel could find them through all these crowds... perhaps staying long at clubs helped people to easily navigate in such 'terrain'.

Sam's answer sounded somewhat philosophical to her. She shrugged lightly and said: "Well, I don't suppose we could know which of them were the bad ones, and which ones were nice. But about dancing..." Here, she laughed lightly and continued, "I'm not sure if I'm that good at dancing. It somehow looks stressful. Besides, there's so many people around. I'm not sure I'm too much of a 'crowds' person."

Watching the humans dance with reckless abandon brought an unexpected image to mind: that of Fortuna's destruction. "Hmmm, the disaster comes when we least expect it..." she said to no one in particular, mentally noting how such things happened mostly in the most unguarded moments.
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

The mass in the center of the room moved to the beat of the music, or at least it seemed to try. It was not difficult to pick out which ones were the regular club goers, which ones were trying to pretend, and which ones were just trying way too hard. Pretty typical as far as clubs went, really.

He smiled slightly at Kyrie’s comment about not knowing which of them were the bad ones. It was all rather easy, if you were a telepath of some sort at least. Of course, neither of them really knew it at the time that they both were. It was odd that Kyrie was neither one for dancing, nor for crowds, and yet she was at one of the city’s busiest clubs. Then again, maybe not that odd considering what Devon had told him about this place.

Samael looked towards her with a smile, “So why exactly are you here then? If you don’t like dancing or crowds I mean?” Samael looked out over the crowd again, the noise both physical and mental becoming a bit of a strain but still manageable, and there his eyes found the small group of Devon, Erin and Rebecca. Samael was tempted to join them, but for now he wanted to hear Kyrie’s answer.
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:47 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Was expecting Rob (The Tempest) to post
Sam asked her what she was here in the Summit for. The question was not unexpected. After all, what else was here to do besides mingling with crowds and dancing? Kyrie shrugged, her eyes scanning the crowd for Devon and his dancing partners. It was kind of difficult keeping track of a person in this kind of place... unless she used her ESP, but then, her eyes would alert everyone that she did not pass off for normal.

"Well, you could say it was out of general curiosity," Kyrie explained. "I've been hearing so many people talk about this place, so I wondered what it was like. And so, here I am. Maybe I just came here to criticize the place. Then again, maybe not."

She turned to look at Sam, a slightly inquisitive expression on her face. "And what about you? You don't seem to be doing any dancing, either," she said, sort of turning the question back on him.
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Sam continued to glance out across the dance floor, an occasional glance towards his conversation companion to show interest, but mostly he was watching people, and watching Devon and the girls as they danced. It was tempting to join them, but Samael really wasn’t the social kind of dancer any more than he was a drinker. He glanced briefly at his watch and once again pondered looking for the manager and digging into her thoughts, but… It was curious that Kyrie had heard people talking about this place – from what she had said she didn’t come to places like this often, which would mean she probably didn’t hang out with people who would constantly gush about a place like this. Add in what he saw with the falling drink earlier, and Samael was pretty sure she was here for the same reason as Devon.

He shook his head in response to her question. “I’m not really much for clubs, generally speaking,” he said, “Devon dragged me here. He said he’d been hearing things about this place recently too and he wanted to come see if it was all true or not.”

((OOC: Sorry for the late reply, work has been running me ragged as well as taking care of the new dog and stuff. Should be back to normal-ish now Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm

OOC: No problem. I can relate with the "work" aspect.
__________________________________________________________________________________
So, like her, Sam was not the party type. And his answer was rather interesting. Kyrie actually had not come here because she had heard any funny rumors about this place, but with what Sam was saying right now, perhaps this evening would be a lot more interesting than she had envisaged. She wondered whether the man she was speaking with was not one of the super powered humans, like her mother. Likely Devon would be, too. And Rachel, and Erin. Of course, Kyrie was not aware that Devon and Sam had just met Rachel and Erin. She wanted to know more about this place, but if she asked too many oblivious questions, she was afraid that Sam might close up and not wish to spill secrets to a stranger who knew nothing of the place.

"I've heard things about this place too, but I suppose there are "things" and there are "things". If I'm not being too nosy, what kind of stuff have you heard about? While I usually hear the bland 'it's a big, happening place' story, I feel there's more to this place than meets the eye. You feel that too, no?"
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:19 pm

((OOC: Definitely don’t feel the need to “give me a chance” to post. I do appreciate it. If you want to post, go for it. If you’re waiting for me to reply and I’ve gone AWOL you just NPC me however you think appropriate. 24 to 48 hours is/should be a good amount of time for most.

Here, I had told Sam to keep going and not wait for my turn as Devon danced. I wanted you two to have the opportunity to talk as PCs since I’m handling story. I’m sorry, I should have emailed you about that Flux. Thank you for continuing on and again, for your consideration of my turn to post. ))

Devon was an energetic vortex on the dance floor. He spun and swerved, ducked and laughed with the two equally energetic ladies near him. They were far better dancers but Devon luckily had two knacks on his side: knowledge of the movements around him and a cooling reaction to the air. Oh he was still sweaty as his mutant power didn’t prevent his body from warming with ferocious activity. Thankfully, however, he didn’t suffer the heavy heat generated by all the others and overwhelming the dance floor.

Granted, it was rather warm as Devon found himself made into a sandwich. What had started as an innocent swerve behind Erin had become something of a bump and grind with Rachel squeezing his hips behind him. He went with it, wagging his eyebrows and letting his body ride the flowing motion as if he were caught in a rolling gust. His whiskey gone, Devon happily accepted a sip of Rachel’s drink when offered.

A few minutes later and the music shifted. They separated as Rachel went to get a drink. Devon glanced around, taking a few minutes before he found Sam speaking with Kyrie. He hoped they had clarified things. Devon knew he wasn’t getting anywhere with why he’d truly come here, but he was enjoying himself and that was pretty rare.

Apparently he hadn’t much to worry about. Samael was listening in to mental thoughts as he and Kyrie felt one another out. Casual hints were becoming less veiled as the staff suddenly grew on alert. Ms. Terring had left her office and was doing a sweep through the lounge. A knee-length skirt in black matched her dark hair that went down onto her shoulders in heavy curls. Large, almond-shaped green eyes brightened from behind large lashes and she nodded with a genuine smile as she came out of the kitchen. The minds of the wait staff relaxed as she headed for the interior bars to check on the bar tenders.

Laughter and myriad voices dominated the interior lounge while the exterior was now crowding. It would not be long and hushed tones would be a thing of the past. Everyone was working tonight; Ms. Terring had apparently anticipated the needs of her staff. A secondary shift was coming on now: putting on aprons, folding arms defensively over chests at the door, or wearing smiles for weary hearts. Maybe it was busy with common and new clientele alike, but it appeared things were stable.

Rachel returned with a Long Island for each of them. Devon had traveled over the bridge a couple times and it didn’t seem Long Island Iced Teas had really anything to do with the subsidiary land of New York.

((OOC:
No rolls necessary at this time. 2 more threads can be normal.))
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 am

Sam watched the comings and the goings of the people as he spoke to Kyrie. New people were coming on duty and those already there seemed to be staying as well, which meant they were beefing up customer service for the busy night – or perhaps they were expecting trouble. Briefly, Sam wondered if there were ways in his powers that would easily pinpoint those who weren’t purely human… though finding that out might mean talking to his father and he had no intention of that.

Devon and the girls seemed to be having a great time, and Samael was glad for that, though he hoped things wouldn’t turn out too sinful and he worried slightly for their souls. But his attention was drawn back to Kyrie as she spoke to him and he gave a small shrug of his broad shoulders at her question. “There’s been quite a few rumors about this place,” he said, “Though I haven’t really heard any first hand. Devon was the one telling me about them. And yeah, I definitely think you are right.” He glanced towards Kyrie again, “That was pretty slick the way you managed to avoid that drink earlier.”
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Kyrie noticed that the trio had concluded their dance. She hid an amused smirk, when she saw the mirth on Devon's face. Some minutes ago, and he looked like he was in for the worst time of his life. How situations changed. As Rachel went to get a drink for everyone, Sam responded to her question, and commented on the way she evaded the drink. She gave a slight smile and looked away for a moment, at the sea of people who were still milling about; some trying to dance to the new music, others going for a rest or so. She turned back to Sam with a shrug of her own. "Well, I guess practice makes perfect..." she said casually. For Sam to react calmly to such a thing meant either of two scenarios. One, that he had powers of his own, and thus, such a thing was not new to him; or two, he had stayed a lot among people with similar powers. Either way, he was not your average sort of human being.

"You do know, Sam, that your reaction to that was very uncanny. Most average humans would have started a serious fuss, but you seem to see such a thing as normal. Hmmm, I wonder why..."

She let the sentence trail off, giving him a chance to 'defend' himself. The drinks arrived, and Kyrie took hers thankfully from Rachel. The iced tea wasn't bad. She glanced at the others and noticed that they weren't close enough to spy on the conversation, unless they too were not 'normal'. So, Sam didn't need to be too shy about replying. Since he knew her 'secret', she expected him to be frank about 'his'.
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Sam’s eyes still roamed over the crowd, resting occasionally on Rachel, Erin and Devon. He hoped they would not consume too much alcohol, it would not only be sinful but also could impair things if something were to happen. After all, if this were really a mutant underground railroad it stood to reason that bad things could happen – super powered fights were no fun, and beyond that there was always the possibility it would be found out and trouble might find them all.

In fact, the woman he stood next to could theoretically still be a cause of trouble. Just because things were currently friendly did not mean that she wasn’t here to start trouble. Still, Samael assumed most coming here would not be looking for trouble, or at least he hoped so.

He glanced towards Kyrie again as she spoke and he raised an eyebrow at her choice of words. “Average humans?” he asked, “As opposed to what, average goldfish?” He smiled, “But really a lot of people are far from average in their own ways, for me, well, I catch a lot of things that other people miss.”
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Sam’s hopes were likely for naughty. Rachel seemed a heavy drinker and Devon was no stranger to alcohol. Erin, however, seemed only to sip at her drink while Rachel’s was quickly consumed. Devon danced about, drink in hand, presumably sipping when he was feeling warm. He wasn’t accustomed to getting this warm; he wasn’t accustomed to dancing this much. How much Sam or Kyrie chose to enjoy, well it seemed they were busy with a veiled conversation.

Ms. Terring, the manager, left the bars with smiles behind her. She thanked her staff for their hard work. They, in turn, were happy things were going so well. In fact, most of the staff the Summit over was surprised how well things were going. Despite being at near capacity and the large number of strangers to the club, there hadn’t yet been any fights. The extra security was coming on but in honesty, they were worrying more about keep traffic moving and not blocking doors than warring women or guys showing off. The surprising pleasure of the situation was not lost to the feelers Samael had out.

That’s also when he saw the raven-haired woman, presumably older than she appeared but with a clear sense of authority. Eyes traveled her way and the security nearby the dance floor and the standing tables gave her a nod. She nodded in return, deftly cutting through the crowds while taking a moment to catch up with the usuals that often visited.

Devon, for all his distraction and growing intoxication, did glance Sam and Kyrie’s way every so often. He threw a grin and then threw back his head with a laugh as Rachel squeezed his side. The dance floor seemed to ebb and flow with the music; they were caught up in its tide.

((OOC:
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Kyrie let out a light laugh. There was a great deal about humans that still confounded her, and their sense of humor was just one of these things. Goldfish? where did he get that from? Kyrie heard another laugh and glanced at Devon. While he did seem to be enjoying himself thoroughly, Kyrie was sure that the alcohol was starting to get to him. Rachel seemed to follow suit, and Erin seemed to be prudent. Kyrie looked at her drink and decided not to take too much else. Who knew how she'd behave when drunk?

Sam seemed to be dodging around the answer she expected. She would tag along, but continue to prod him gently to come clean. "Sam, Sam, who said anything about goldfish?" she replied with an amused, indulgent tone, "they don't belong even to the same class or order as humans. Be that as it may, I am certain that the 'average human' seldom moves things with his mind... unless within his imagination. No, Sam, as opposed to not-so-average-humans."

She fiddled with the glass in her hands, then asked, "So, are you an average human, Sam? I really didn't see you looking at me as I... how'd you say it again... managed to avoid that drink pretty slick-ly."

A bluff, really. Kyrie was not looking at him when she performed the telekinesis, so she couldn't have known. She reasoned, however, that if he felt she knew he wasn't "average", he would have to own up.
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Sam still dipped into a head here or there, and that was what allowed him to take note of who the big boss lady was. His eyes occasionally flitted towards her, following the woman as she made her way across the floor and engaged with her employees. Everyone seemed more relaxed now that she was here, and even more so that things were still going smoothly and there was no trouble.

His eyes flickered towards Devon again, making eye contact briefly before Devon returned to dancing with the girls. He then turned his attention back to Kyrie who didn’t seem to catch what was behind the comment that he had made about how she used the term humans like she wasn’t one.

She asked if he was average human and he just smirked a little, “I suppose that depends on your definition of human.”
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm

"You should know, Sam. After all, you're human, aren't you?"

Sam was an interesting character to Kyrie. He struck her as somewhat prudent, perhaps almost to a level of secretiveness. That, in itself, put him in the category of not-so-average humans. However, she was somehow enjoying the little game they were playing, and so she decided to continue with the prodding. Resting her chin on her right fist, the elbow resting on her left lower arm, which was below and perpendicular to her right arm, she swiveled the contents of her glass (which she still held in her left hand) idly, while she continued.

"Let's look at it this way. If a person suddenly threw up a car towards this window, from the parking lot, how would people here react? Or perhaps, if a person somehow managed to fly past here, what would people's reactions be? Likely the same thing they'd do, if they saw a goblet smacked away without any visible physical force. So I suppose that's what the average human would do..."

She was looking into the crowd as she spoke, then she glanced sideways at Sam. "...unless I'm missing the correct definition of 'human'."
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm

The well-fitting black skirt and raven haired Ms. Terring was seeing to old guests but stopping to greet those new as well. She pulled heavy locks back from her green eyes and smiled, ensuring a few drinks and maybe a dish to soothe any ruffled feathers. It was a busy night after all.
She approached one table nearby and spoke to three couples while glancing over to Samael and Kyrie. They knew she was coming over a few minutes before she wandered over, ensuring they could finish their recent conversation. Her large almond eyes maintaining contact with the two, she nodded her head slowly at the approach.

“Good evening,” she said first to the dark attired Samael and then offered a pleasant grin to the rosen Kyrie. “I’m Elise, manager here at the Summit. I like to greet guests old and new.”

Devon, meanwhile, snapped back to reality seeing a strange woman approach his friend and what he thought was likely a similarly-enhanced acquaintance. He wobbled a moment but ducked a flailing girl nearby. As he spun with the two girls on the dance floor, he was sure to keep an eye out too. He wasn’t that drunk; he’d never get that drunk.

Perhaps he was right to be concerned. Elise Terring offered her hand in greeting to Kyrie first. “It’s a busy night, and I’m guessing this is your first time here. I assure you, however, that the Summit is a pinnacle of class and style. I hope you’re both enjoying your night?”

((OOC:
Sorry for any perceived delay. I like to give people time to try doing their own things before I have any NPCs move/act based on their motivations!

Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Sam found it rather odd that somebody was asking if he was human and his eyebrow rose in response to Kyrie's first question. Was he human? What else would he be? It just reminded him of her original comment where she mentioned something similar. So was this woman not really a mutant? Or maybe she was one of those mutants who considered themselves removed from humanity? That could be problematic – they were all God's children.

Then she started speaking of powers, and her examples were certainly interesting. How would people react? Samael wasn't sure, but it had already happened plenty of times already, hence all of the recent news... and the anti mutant protests, so Kyrie definitely had a point there. People rarely tended to act well.

His eyes followed Elise Terring, the manager who seemed to slowly be making her way through the club and then he glanced back at Kyrie. “I'm not sure what definition you mean, but yes most people would react oddly to seeing you turn aside that glass without touching it,” he said with a slight smirk, “But not everybody, human or not.”

He gave a brief nod to signal that someone was approaching them while Elise was still a little bit away and he watched the woman as she arrived, all friendly and confident. This woman had definitely been doing this for a while and was probably in the perfect job for her.

“Good evening,” Samael said to Elise in response to her greeting, then listening to her spiel about the Summit, “So far so good. This is my first time here, I finally had to come and see if all of the rumors were true.”
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm

"I thought it might be your first visit," Miss Terring replied to the young Samael. "I'm glad you could join us." She paused and her smile thinned as if exchanging a private joke, "Oh I assure you the rumors are all true."

She nodded and gestured toward the dance floor, "Some of the best DJs in the city work here with top guests every other week." Another gesture went toward the closest bar, "Our drinks are expertly mixed and we don't skimp out on the alcohol." She chuckled and shook her head, "Not that that would matter to you."

Then she shrugged and her smile broadened to a grin, "We work very hard to make this a fun, comfortable and sheik place. If you have any problems or want to address any curious rumors, you come right to me. I'll be sure to help settle your mind."

"And who is your lovely companion?" she asked, offering her hand again.

((OOC:
Sorry to skip ahead posting, just trying to keep things moving. Feel free to post back how your convo would have ended before Terring arrived.

Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:39 pm

((OOC: Sorry for the wait; internet connection was SNAFU for a while...))

Sam was still being sort of dodgy, in Kyrie's opinion, but at least, he agreed with her that most humans would not react calmly to seeing someone divert a goblet with her mind. After all, was that not what all the noise about mutants on the news was all about? And speaking of such things, there were rumors that the government was taking a drastic step to 'curb the mutant menace'. She hoped that things would not degenerate into mindless violence, because such a thing was very possible. Kyrie put away such thoughts from her mind, because they began to bring up memories of the civil war in Fortuna Prime... the war which had preceded the death of her homeworld.

Just as she was about to ask Sam another question, she noticed that he was watching someone. In fact, he gave a subtle signal as the woman approached. Just by looking at her, Kyrie knew that this woman was a big shot here in the Summit. The woman welcomed them and was about offering her hand to Kyrie, but Sam replied, and of course, out of courtesy's sake, the woman had to give him her attention. Then she turned back to Kyrie. Kyrie took her hand and smiled softly.

"Kyrie. Pleased to meet you, ma'am. This is also my first time, but I can't really say I heard of any rumors... save that this was a very fun place to hang out at. Folk keep telling me to get out more often, so... here I am."
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm

"Miss Kyrie," the manageress replied while gently shaking the girl's hand. "Please, call me Elise. And no matter about rumor mongering," she chuckled briefly. "What matters is you're here." The woman nodded slowly. "And if you're going to get out, you might as well come out here."

The smile she wore once again widened into a grin.

"Please enjoy your evening and if I can do anything to help you," she glanced between both Samael and Kyrie, "Let me know." She fished out something from within her décolletage to offer both a printed black card. "My number, email... If you are throwing any large events, please think of us. Now if you'll excuse me, I should be checking outside."

Another hand shake was made to both if allowed before the beautifully charming Miss Terring departed. She glanced back and smiled before exiting a set of patio doors. It was just as busy outside now.

Devon was already approaching, having disengaged from the two ladies who'd occupied him on the dance floor. With unfocussed eyes and a goofy grin, the happy but curious Devon drew close and asked, "Who was that? Everything okay?"

((OOC:
No rolls necessary at this time. 2 more threads can be normal.

Not a problem, it happens!

Also, major events will begin in my next post! ))
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

((OOC: I will get a post up later tonight, sorry for the delay!))
Back to top Go down
Samael

Samael

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Sam was indeed being a bit dodgy with Kyrie’s questions. He still didn’t fully trust her and after seeing at least one of her abilities, he didn’t trust himself delving into her head quite yet. So for now he danced around the words, trying to glean a bit more information.

But then the manager came over and he was all smiles as she greeted them, treating them like honored guests. He wondered how she made the time to do this with all of the people, or if there was something about them that drew her to them. He nodded at the manager as she told them to have a good evening and gave her a slight wave, “We’ll try. Have a good evening!”

He glanced over to check on Devon and saw that the other man was walking over to join them, and Sam flashed him a smile as he approached. “Hey, that was Elise, the manager here just making the rounds I guess,” he said. “Didn’t really get a chance to ask her much,” he added, hinting perhaps that he’d hoped for the chance to see if she was involved. “How’s the dancing going?”
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Kyrie accepted the card from Elise and nodded, with a smile. That being done, the manager took her leave. Kyrie looked down at the card in her hand and turned it over. Since she was certainly not the 'social' type, she hardly saw any use for the card. But who knew when such a thing, or the information on it could come in handy? She slipped the black card into her purse, just as Devon joined them. As he asked about Elise, Kyrie watched the manager until the patio doors hid her from sight. After Sam was through explaining to Devon, Kyrie said, "Seems like a nice enough person, though it's often difficult to say just by looking at a person."

It seemed like everyone was having a good evening so far. At least, Devon looked like it, as did Erin and Rachel, who Kyrie felt ought to have had the dance... well, danced out of them. But they were happy, nonetheless. "Well, the dancing seems to have turned out rather very well, if I may speak for Devon," Kyrie said, in response to Sam's question, even though the question had originally been thrown to Devon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Summit - [OPEN]   The Summit - [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Summit - [OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next