Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheTempest

TheTempest

Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts   Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 5:51 pm

While I know there are varying levels of writing to be found here, which I think is great, and that we should all support and encourage one another in our development of creative writing, I'm a bit worried about the training posts.

ISSUES

1. First and foremost, when so much time goes into writing them for "free time" to get more power, then people aren't going to make time or have to work really hard to participate in normal posting.

2. Second, I have to question how many people write their training posts and then read them over even once. When I can go through the first five lines of most of these posts and see issues, I think there's a problem. I would encourage reading your posts aloud when reviewing it. If it doesn't sound right, it probably isn't.

SOLUTIONS

Now while I'm fully prepared to do this for Tempest, though I haven't yet, as I don't want to get left behind on the character growth wagon, I'm not going to ignore concerns when I feel it inhibits the site. It'll lessen activity, make new players take it less seriously, and drastically disturb game flow.

I also don't believe in raising concern without suggesting a solution. Thus, I'd suggest:

1. Training posts have to have standards besides word count. Whoever is reading needs to post back when there are repeated words, lacks of sentence structure, and just basic nonsense sentences. Everyone can do better than that. Until those problems are fixed, no approval. Once fixed, approved for training IC and it'll just so happen that OOC the writer has learned something too maybe.

2. Make normal threads/RP worth more to be of greater incentive. Seems people don't value it enough and if writing isn't what they enjoy here... Maybe people want a video game? Skyrim is fun.

3. Encourage more cooperative training to have more than one person involved yet still do training focused threads.

4. Ultimately if necessary limit the number of training words per day to the number of normally posted words you've done for the day.

I hope it's clear I want to help, not hurt. While I know I'm new and certainly not the status quo, I've always felt that if I remain quiet then I'm not doing a service to what I'm a part of.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ford Perfect

Ford Perfect

PostSubject: Re: Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts   Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am

I'm with you all the way, however I'd like to ask you to consider something in the way of policing either Nameless or Chrony. Am I going to have the time to read a literal book and make sure it makes sense and there was some actual character development? Honestly (in my case anyway) no. I don't have that sort of luxury, I can skim it, throw it through the word counter and spell checker but you grow to expect them to write to a good standard after a while. You stop checking for quality and trust them to do a decent job.

Aside from that, I know where you're coming from and I feel you.
Back to top Go down
TheTempest

TheTempest

PostSubject: Re: Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts   Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:46 am

I can understand that and trusting players of quality you are familiar with. At the same time, I don't think it should feel like an MMO of gaining abilities. It should be a reward for writing and if people are writing, hopefully others are reading it. Maybe it's worth allowing others to "remark" on such training posts somewhere else even if those others don't give the points/approval for the training post writing and word count?

For example, say I read one of Confused posts and say "great idea, good writing, I just feel X didn't make sense around paragraph 6." One, keeps people reading and writing. Two, provides constructive criticism to help people improve. Three, gives the Reviewer a basis for their approval/review/skim.

Again, just wanting to help and I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Back to top Go down
Confused

Confused

PostSubject: Re: Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts   Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Stop hitting on my Dragon, its not my fault its retarded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts   Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorta Harsh Posting Thoughts
Page 1 of 1