Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] Empty
PostSubject: Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details]   Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm

NOTE* This is a rough draft of a race system for the site. This isn't set in stone, and I'm just doing this for alittle bit of fun for having Supersonic Flight/Super Speed characters if they want to race.

Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details] Tumblr_lcv8ejUNFV1qzxbido1_500

With speed comes the want to use it competively! The Flash Museum holds annual charity races for speedsters of every type. This includes not only runners, but those who may fly aswell. How the races are set up will revolve around the amount of miles the racers must traverse, and which circuit they are competing in. Right now there are only four circuits which are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

Bronze - The small race for beginner speedsters. This is when their speed limit is 600 miles per hour(mph) and below. It is a simple fifty mile race from one point to the next.

Silver - The moderate race for Amateur Speedsters. This is when their speed limit is 1,600 miles per hour(mph) and below. It is a slightly longer race, being a 150 mile race from one point to the next.

Gold - The large race for Professional Speedsters. This is when their speed limit is 3,500 miles per hour(mph) and below. It is a longer race, being a 500 mile run from one point to the next.

Platinum - The largest race for the Extraordinary Speedsters. This is when their speed limit is 5000 miles per hour(mph) and above. It is an extremely long race that can range from 1000 miles to more. (All parties will most likely need to agree on a length for this)

Now how are we going to do this exactly? Well I'm glad you asked. Each post will count as a minute of running for each character. So their speed, in other words, will be tracked as Miles per Minutes. So for example, 5000 mph transfers to 83 miles per minute. So each of my post, I would have travelled 83 miles towards the destination. So if the race is 1000 miles. Each of my post, I'll traverse 83 miles towards the finish line. So after my first post, I would have roughly 917 miles to go.

Unlike other topics where there is a posting order, there will be none in these topics. Which means it comes to the speed of the rper how fast their character will traverse this distance. This does not mean they can write a single line post, and be moving just as fast. No, they must write a certain amount of words. It will work like this..

Whatever their base speed is will be the speed they will start the race off with..

For example, if someone runs/flies 600mph, then that'll be their starting speed for the race. Each post, they must write the minimum of a number of words. This will not only allow them to travel more distance, but if a certain number of words are written, it also gives them a boost in speed.

400 words - You don't gain any speed, but you travel the Miles Per Minute of your current speed and brings you closer to the finish line.

700 words - You gain the speed of what a C rank speed/flight ability would give you [Main - 70 mph, Sub - 60 mph, Branch - 50 mph for Super Speed / Main - 300 mph, Sub - 200 mph, Branch - 150 mph for Flying ] and also brings you closer to the finish line with the addition of your new speed.

1000 words - You gain the speed of what a B rank speed/flight ability would give you [Main - 250 mph, Sub - 200 mph, Branch - 180 mph for Super Speed / Main - 600 mph, Sub - 400 mph, Branch - 300 mph for Flying ] and also brings you closer to the finish line with the addition of your new speed.

1500 words - You gain the speed of what a A rank speed/flight ability would give you [Main - 500 mph, Sub - 400 mph, Branch - 380 mph for Super Speed / Main - 1,200 mph, Sub - 800 mph, Branch - 600 mph for Flying ] and also brings you closer to the finish line with the addition of your new speed.

3000 words - You gain the speed of what a S rank speed/flight ability would give you [Main - 700 mph, Sub - 550 mph, Branch - 480 mph for Super Speed / Main - 2,400 mph, Sub - 1,200 mph, Branch - 1,900 mph for Flying ] and also brings you closer to the finish line with the addition of your new speed.

Now that that is out the way, I do know there are speed boosting abilities a character may have under their belt. They are completely usable. This can be abilities that cause the runners to continuously gain speed the more they run, or any abilities that may give them a boost in speed in general (such as the site's Overclocking Abilities.)

If you have any questions, simply post them in here and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Remember this is a rough draft so some important details may be missing.
Back to top Go down

Racing Stripes [Racing Topic Details]
Page 1 of 1