Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
Some more Skills o-o EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
Some more Skills o-o EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

Some more Skills o-o

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

Some more Skills o-o Empty
PostSubject: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 am

Skill Name: Killing Intent
    Skill Specialty: Witty/Weapons/Physical Prowess
    Skill Rank: C
    Skill Description:
    Users possess a deadly skill that enables them to be the "ultimate killing machines". They have instincts to kill with any means and most effective way possible, use anything at hand to do so and have no mental problems either before, during or after the deed. They are, in short, cold and merciless killers. They can also give off a murderous aura, inducing fear into their opponents. Those without a bravery/indomitable will skill or ability the user's rank or higher, will suffer from this fear exposure, egging them to try and run from the user. People two ranks below the user will be almost paralyzed because of this fear, lowering their overall combat by 10%.

Skill Name: Improbable Weapon's Expert
    Skill Specialty: Weapon's Expert
    Skill Description:
    Users can demonstrate unusual aptitude for the way of strange weaponry. The user can also perform feats such as bludgeoning their opponents with a book and even find offensive uses for bananas and other edible objects.

Skill Name: Surviability
    Skill Specialty: Physical Prowess
    Skill Description:
    The user is able to survive massive and even horrific injuries or damage. In some cases simply managing to cheat death even in seemingly inescapable and deadly situations. This, however, has its limits. This does not mean the user would survive a knife through the heart or a bullet to the brain or head. This just gives them a better chance of surviving when receiving medical attention for any serious injuries that run the risk of being fatal without a healthy body.

Skill Name: Miss Comedy
    Skill Specialty: Witty
    Skill Description:
    Jesteria has a way at scratching the funny bone directly with her words to cause a fit of laughter with her opponents, or those within ear shot. Being a clown she specializes in this. Those with an ability or skill that will counteract getting a reaction from her joke will be immune, but it must be the same rank as her or above to work. She uses this as a distraction to attack an opponent by surprise. Not to be used in combat, but can be used to initiate it.

Skill Name: Blind Spots
    Skill Specialty: Weapon's Expert
    Skill Description:
    Being more than adequate in combat, Jesteria has learned of the basic areas where the human eye can not see, while in combat. Using this knowledge, she can throw attacks the the human eye can not see, in hopes of taking an opponent off guard and shooting through their defenses. Using these blind spots for herself, she could move her body quickly into one, and appear as though she's disappeared, when she's only using their own eyes to play tricks on them. The down side to this is she must be within five feet to do it, as the eyes have more room to see further away and the blind spots are closer to the body. Luckily, blind spots behind the field of vision are open to abuse at any range.

Last edited by Ms. Flash on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Quote :
Skill Name: Killing Intent
Skill Specialty: Witty/Weapons/Physical Prowess
Skill Description:
Users possess a deadly skill that enables them to be the "ultimate killing machines". They have instincts to kill with any means and most effective way possible, use anything at hand to do so and have no mental problems either before, during or after the deed. They are, in short, cold and merciless killers. They can also give off a murderous aura, inducing fear into their opponents. Those without a bravery/indomitable will skill or ability the user's rank or higher, will suffer from this fear exposure, egging them to try and run from the user. People two ranks below the user will be almost paralyzed because of this fear.

I'm not liking this. A skill that causes people to run away just by being near her and causing others to be paralyzed by fear.

Quote :
Skill Name: Miss Comedy
Skill Specialty: Witty
Skill Description:
Jesteria has a way at scratching the funny bone directly with her words to cause a fit of laughter with her opponents, or those within ear shot. Being a clown she specializes in this. Those with an ability or skill that will counteract getting a reaction from her joke will be immune, but it must be the same rank as her or above to work. She uses this as a distraction to attack an opponent by surprise.

Make it so that it is before they are in combat. People aren't going to stop fearing for their life and laugh at a joke if they're behind a wall getting shot at or are on an adrenaline rush/scared for their life.
Back to top Go down
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm

If someone has the appropriate ability or skill then it is useless. However if they do not, I don't see the problem. Every average person has the ability to feel fear, and she works on this with her killing intent. It's the same as if Jason Vorhees was coming at you with a machete. You'd try to run unless you have the skill or ability to face your fears and fight back. Though you don't like it, it makes sense o-o. And no one is ever truly paralyzed by fear, which is why I specifically made sure to put close to paralyzed. They can still do something to turn and run.

Other one edited
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Jason Vorhees is also a supernatural being from the dead, not an enhanced human >.>. But to make everyone a rank under you have limited combat effectiveness just by being around her makes this work like an AOE fear manipulation. To top it all off - it's just a C rank skill.
Back to top Go down
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 pm

It's a C ranked skill based on her rank. And Jesteria, by appearance, could look like a supernatural deranged clown. Of course they'd have to see her or even perhaps hear her deranged laughter/etc for them to be affected. She already has fear giving skills, and this is no different. She uses her manipulative ways {which is under Witty mind you} to cause this fear. Once again, if someone has an ability or skill that counter acts it, they are immune. If they do not, that's their fault for not having the proper methods of counter action. I'm not changing something that's fine and dandy because some people don't think to have a bravery skill/ability or will skill/ability to counter one of her main specialities o.O

And if we're not going to go on Supernatural people. Let's use the Joker from DC comics for example. Same premise, and same ability to install fear in those because of reputation, antics, and over all appearance. Once again, this is a simple skill that delves into the human mind to use that fear against them. If they have a skill or ability to over come fear, they'd be fine. You're making it out to be much more than it really is. Not like I'm paralyzing them to where they can't dodge my attacks, or forcing them to surrender to me. Fear plays a major role of someone's effectiveness in combat, and that's all I'm going for.
Back to top Go down
Skyscraper

Skyscraper

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:03 pm

I think they are just fine. Usually, if your a superhero, you should have above average courage, or great courage, so they should have that skill or ability registered and learned however, if they don't that means they are just a regular person in the courage department. If a regular person saw a guy, with killer intent, and super scary, they tend to be intimidated and more cautious. I think its just fine. It gets my vote for approval, but if any other mod or admin disagrees then you may over rule me.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Skyscraper wrote:
I think they are just fine. Usually, if your a superhero, you should have above average courage, or great courage, so they should have that skill or ability registered and learned however, if they don't that means they are just a regular person in the courage department. If a regular person saw a guy, with killer intent, and super scary, they tend to be intimidated and more cautious. I think its just fine. It gets my vote for approval, but if any other mod or admin disagrees then you may over rule me.

Many characters are able to be powerful and have fought things that would make normal people piss their pants, yet they are unable to get a courage skill/ability. Somebody with fire manipulation and not having witty as a specialty, but has fought giant monsters and psychopaths, would be screwed. So would many other people who have a courage skill but aren't the rank of the user.
Back to top Go down
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:34 pm

And it's my SPECIALTY to work on their fear. That's like me having an ability to do it. So that's their fault not mine. Sorry I thought of getting a specialty and skill to do it? Feel free to ask Nameless aswell, if you need even more proof of how viable this skill is. He's even got a counter for fear inducers. Anyone smart would get something for it. Just because they fought a giant fire monster doesn't mean they can handle someone with particular skills that can instill fear if they do not have a counter for it.
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Ms. Flash wrote:
And it's my SPECIALTY to work on their fear. That's like me having an ability to do it. So that's their fault not mine. Sorry I thought of getting a specialty and skill to do it? Feel free to ask Nameless aswell, if you need even more proof of how viable this skill is. He's even got a counter for fear inducers. Anyone smart would get something for it. Just because they fought a giant fire monster doesn't mean they can handle someone with particular skills that can instill fear if they do not have a counter for it.

Then give some more specifics on the affects. How much is it affecting their ability to perform?
Back to top Go down
The Superior Spider

The Superior Spider

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:40 pm

already did in the skill by the percentage decrease of 10% and that's two ranks below. Doesn't do anything to effect them other than that, but does make them want to run and create distance from the source of their fear
Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Approved for training/purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some more Skills o-o   Some more Skills o-o Empty

Back to top Go down

Some more Skills o-o
Page 1 of 1