Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Welcome to Marvel Unlimited where you create your own hero/villain and do as you please. If you have question please look for the people with the @ in front of their names, they will happy to help you.

Show me how to get started.
Marvel Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Unlimited

Create your own Super hero or Super villain. Save the universe or conquer it. The choice is yours in Marvel Unlimited.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Thou shall not steal
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 am by Amen

» Cu Sith($1,500,000)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:47 pm by Amen

» Mystery Egg($3,000,000)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:39 pm by Amen

» Weapon Modifications($300)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:25 pm by Amen

» Classic Ranged Weapons($300)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:15 pm by Amen

» Melee Weapons($250)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm by Amen

» Heavy Weapons($3,000)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:04 pm by Amen

» Small Arms($500)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:03 pm by Amen

» Hawkeye's Bow ($4500,000)
The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm by Amen

The Daily Bugle

Senator Hines has revealed how mutants will be handled: Sentinels.

A rumor traveled the circles of the supernatural. Mutants heard a safe, underground railroad was being started, inquire at the Summit. The beyond sought the strange power said to rest at the Summit of New York City. The gossip flitted amongst the rest: valuable information was to come to light when dawn broke over the Summit.
Staff List
-Our Button-

-Our Affiliates-
Coming soon!

The Mages Gift Part 1[training]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] Empty
PostSubject: The Mages Gift Part 1[training]   The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 pm

The revealing

Sean took in a shaky breath as he looked at the door in front of him, almost too scared to even move forward as if it would lead into the very pits of hell, when in fact it did not. It was the door that leads to his home and he stood on the precipice of what would be a very important thing indeed. His hand was only a few inches from rapping the knuckles across the hard wood, only a few inches. Why was he even considering doing this when he could be walking through the door? It was fear that his mother knowing would ruin his entire life? What kept Sean from simply stepping through the door that was to his own home? If he was truly willing, his mother was most likely the second best person to be able to help him master his powerful abilities, possibly the only one that he knew at any rate. His hand moved to the handle and hovered there for a second as he weighed the options, as he thought over what this could mean for him.

With a quick motion his hand gripped the knob and twisted it, as he walked through the door with a certain fear within his being,that he was pretty much going to give away his largest secret, one that he was sure that he wouldn’t have told her if she did not have the leverage that she did on the matter. The scent of incense hit his nostrils as he walked through the door, mother sitting in the center of the living room with her legs crossed over each other as she seemed to be in some sort of meditative state, with a serene expression upon her face. This was when he felt like he could approach her the easiest, when she was not the judgmental figure that he thought that she could become.

”Mom,can I talk to you?” Sean asked sitting down next to her in a similar meditative pose, one that he had learned after watching her closely for what felt like years. Her head moved slightly at the sound, eyes opening as she looked at her son with a quizzical expression, one that showed a form of curiosity.

”Of course Sean,you can talk about whatever you want with me.” She said with a reassuring tone, one that told him she was going into that motherly mode of hers. ”So,what is it?” she asked surprisingly pleasant, red lips curling into a smile as she waited, though he knew she would not simply wait. ”have you found someone? Who is she,or is it a he?” Elena began the interrogation raising an eyebrow as she seemed to kill any seriousness in what he was going to say. Sean raised an eyebrow as he tried to consider what to say in return to these guesses, which was difficult actually.

”Erm.” Sean managed as Elena continued her intense gaze.

’It’s Aaron isn’t it?” She asked as Sean felt himself flush,or was the correct term blush. He had never really considered being in any sort of relationship with a person, especially with Aaron, though the idea was pleasant. He may be bossy but he was a good friend, something that Sean could find so few of really.

”No,I’m not dating anyone.” he managed to say with a minimal amount of blushing as he regained eye contact with his mother who was still looking at him but with a renewed wariness. ’Well you see, I have to show you something.” Sean said finally as he quickly stood to his feet as he quickly grabbed a glass and filled it to the brim with water before returning to her; sitting the cup upon a table as he looked at it with an intense gaze.

’it’s a cup of water.” She said raising an eyebrow as if waiting for something else to happen. Sean closed his eyes and concentrated as he imagined the water moving, opening his eyes to slits as the water began to follow that command and actually moved. It formed a simple ring and began to spin, spinning at a high rate as Elena looked slightly pleased by the results, unlike what he expected. ’Well, it seems like the mages gift has appeared in you after all. Good, maybe now I can train you properly.” She said smirking intently.

The Mages Gift

’What is the mages Gift/’ Sean asked raising an eyebrow as his mother stood to her feet, the water moving back into the glass it was held in. His blue eyes appraised the woman standing before him as if she were not his mother anymore but a teacher, someone who could potentially teach him all that he needed to know. She removed a small pack of matches form her pocket and struck on of the red headed matches as the fire burst to life,the smell permeating the atmosphere.

”This is my mages gift.” She said as the fire moved from the end of the match and grew to ten times its size and hovered above her, simply sitting there as if it would only move when she gave the order to and not a second sooner than that. The flames seemed to eat the very air itself, taking it up as fuel yet not growing or shrinking. It curled around her finger, touching the skin but no burning it,as if it would not dare to hurt its master. ”People mistake them as super powers but they are so much more.” She said allowing the fire to fizzle out as she walked past Sean and leaned against the kitchen counter.

’the mages gift is something that has been within my family for generations, far beyond what they can remember and possibly before time was recorded. It allows us to perform things humans could only dream of performing, which explains why we are so easily confused with Metahumans and the like. We are more than that though; we are naturally powerful elemental mages. Capable of things most would spend years trying to perfect.” Elena explained as she let her gaze drift to the nearby window and her mind wonder.

”So you’re saying I can do magic?” Sean asked raising an eyebrow his voice raising a little as if it were truly interesting to him, his pink lips curling into a smile. This was all exciting to him, the aspect of being able to master his powers, especially since they were magical. That was when it hit him like a ton of bricks. He was no good at magic, which meant he may never be able to master these strange abilities. All because he could not use the unyielding force called magic to the same degree as his mother.

”In essence yes, you can indeed perform magic. Your magic is water magic and that my dear is possibly one of the more powerful elemental magic’s that exist, one that can both heal and destroy. I know it will be difficult but I will teach you how to use all of its basic applications, all of the ones that will help if you ever need to use them at any rate. Since water in essence is similar to fire, I’m sure it won’t be too difficult.” Elena smiled a disarming smile as she pulled the matches out again as simply ran one of her long finger nails over the part that was used to ignite the matches themselves.

”So when can I begin my training?” Sean asked raising an eyebrow as he readied himself for anything, his lips unable to turn out of that pleased grin that they were in. Elena was actually amused by Sean’s enthusiasm, since she knew that it would wear off once the training actually begun, but she would let him keep it for now. Let him feel happiness that he had managed to get that off of his chest to one person that he trusted.

’We can begin training tomorrow morning if you are up for it. I’ll secure us a place for some training and it will be nice; and secluded, so we won’t be interrupted by anyone unless of course we get tailed by anyone.” Elena said cordially as she sat upon the counter and crossed her legs over each other.

”Really? That’s…that’s great mom! I can’t wait.” Sean said with unstudied enthusiasm as he walked away almost instantly, most likely to imagine how it would go. Jumping on his bed and pulling out his sketchpad, Sean began the many sketches his mind was brewing up.

Training day 1: Waters of life

Sean woke up early that day, quickly getting dressed as he knew his mom would wake him up early for the days training, which was likely to happen. Tying the black and blue converse, Sean walked out of his room to find his mother waiting in what seemed like jogging clothes, red hair combed into a straight line with her lips stretched into a red line. She motioned for him to follow her as she quickly moved into the driver’s seat of her car and cranked it as the engine came to life and car lurched.

The drive took a while as they left the city limits of New York city to a place that resembled a canyon almost, like a scar cut into the grass land and was only a bareness at the bottom. Elena parked the car and stood at the edge of the precipice as she motioned for Sean to follow her before sitting on the edge with the same meditative expression. ”This is where you will learn to master your Water Gift.” She said motioning to the general area with a sweep of her hand. ”The radiant magic energy here will allow you to use your power easily, which will allow for basic control and usage of your power.”

She pulled back the sleeves of her sweat shirt as it revealed a burnmark,one that was most likely self inflicted but not major in the least. ’First you will have to master the healing aspect of water, the ability to repair with the regenerative aspect of the element and nothing else. If you can do this we will move on with the next part of the lesson but not a moment sooner than when you can.” She held the arm out to him as she waited for him to begin the attempt at doing so. Elena pulled a small water bottle from a pouch at her side and handed it to him, a source of water to use in the training. Sean grabbed the bottle and undid the cap as the water moved to his thoughts and over the burn;encompassing it with a cold grip.

’Now what do I do?” Sean asked raising an eyebrow and almost demanding it in an impatient tone as he expected some sort of answer to help his mother with the semi-painful looking burn. Nothing happened, only him glaring at the water as it rested over the burn.

”it’s not that difficult. Just use your imagination and it will come to you.” She said simply as she waited for him to do something, though he was simply being dense as it seemed. ’imagine the wound healing, that may help speed it up.” She suggested trying not to show impatience. Sean focused, imagining the burn turning back to the pale skin that it usually was, as the water began to give off a slight glow. He closed his eyes and concentrated even harder as it began to glow even brighter, soon enough the burn faded away as he had imagined it.

”There, seems like you’ve learned to do it but I want it mastered. You could do so much more with that then you just did if you learn.” She said pulling the sleeve back up as the water returned to its bottle safely. "Now we can get to basic applications for your power, such as how to use it correctly and as a powerful weapon when you need to use it.

”Like how?” Sean asked raising an eyebrow.

”Well water can take forms, even if it is liquid, your mind if what decides how it moves. You can use it to move and even draw it form living organisms to use as you want to. In the end water may be one of the most flexible elements really, seeing that it can be molded to the whim of whoever controls it. It’s similar to fire in that it can both help and it can hurt, all that matters is application. Now we can get to the next part of your training, and that will be how to obtain water when you need it. That will be tomorrows lesson of course,I think you've earned yourself a treat.”

Back to top Go down
Sean Collin

Sean Collin

The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mages Gift Part 1[training]   The Mages Gift  Part 1[training] EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:50 am

Training Water blades,Condensation and healing.

https://marvelunlimited.forumotion.com/t1091-sean-s-water-abilities
Back to top Go down

The Mages Gift Part 1[training]
Page 1 of 1